My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Moms Mandatory Day Off Petition!




Are you a mom that is run down? Wondering when the next vacation day is coming? Or just a day to get away from everyone in your household! Well, this is the blog post for you!

I am writing a proposal for a national holiday for moms ...no not mother's day...this is for a mandatory day off for moms! All mom's would have to walk away from their family's for one day and have the day to themselves..to do whatever you feel like doing...weather it be....

A day at the spa...
Hanging out with your girl friends
Shopping
A day at the beach
Sitting under a tree in peace and quite to read a book that never gets read cause you are to busy!
Or whatever in the world you want to do!

I think all mom's deserve this day...because mother's day is just not cutting it...I still clean and take care of whining children on mother's day! And even tho I have a hubby....I still am the built in babysitter...I think most women are...we are the ones that take care of the babes and take care of the home...yea husbands do a job here and there and some even more then that, like my hubby..Love you hunny! ..but really who are we kidding...women are the main responsible ones for kids and the homes, no matter how far women's rights have come..we know this..so this would be our one day to get away.....and there are no excuses not to take the day off...it is mandatory....!!!!
So what do you say...will you sign? Just make a comment to this post and sign your signature to a wonderful petition for all moms!! :) ( your comment is your signature!)
Thanks ladies!

Later Tators! ;)

6 comments:

Tabitha said...

Hey Tiff...Im on board for sure..My email is tabsmazda3@yahoo.com..Not on myspace anymore..Write me sometime..Heres to moms day off..

Patty said...

Sounds like a great plan!
Welcome to the blogging world. I am a MUIB member and look forward to getting to know you. You are off to a great start on your mommy blog ☺moms, b

Anonymous said...

I think it is a great idea. Why anyone else has not thought of it before...

Tiffiney said...

Thank you tabitha, patty and anonymous for your comments :) I think it is a wonderful plan..they would make it a law..lol.. :)

Juggling Mama said...

Tiffiney I think you have the right idea. Every mom needs a day like this.
I ended up on your blog after you commented on my blog "What was my mothers generation thinking", by the way thanks for the support. I was affraid of some back lash on that one. I am going to book mark your blog because I can relate to you. Good luck on the day off mission.

Tiffiney said...

juggling mama..thank you for leaving a comment! I am totally with you on the generation issue..thank you for bookmarking me..I have already bookmarked you as well..lol...hope to chat with you more...good luck to you also! :)