My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

How good of a friend are you?

I was up last night at 3am due to my little one being sick. So I was sitting holding him while he was drifting off to sleep and I decided to watch TV, let me tell ya there is nothing on at 3am! So I stopped on a movie called Crossroads...yes the Britney Spears movie! Anyway, so I decided to see just how bad this movie was. As I sat there watching this film I started to wonder about this poor child and her life...well I guess poor I should not say...but on to the point. My question is: How good of a friend are you? If your best friend was Britney Spears would you have stood by your friend? Would you have been there for her no matter what? Even though everyone around the world thought she was in trouble and losing her mind and making fun of her? Or what if your best friend stole money from your church, because she had no money for bills. Everyone in the church found out she was the one that stole the money, and they would have nothing to do with her. Would you still be her friend? Does she get a second chance to redeem herself? Or does that friend get left out in the cold? What about Britney Spears, does she get a second chance? She has been trying to get things back together in her life, does that count? Or are we programmed to just give up on people once they have done things that have brought embarrassment and shame upon themselves? I have lost friends in my past over very stupid situations. We have all since then forgiven each other about the silly reasons for loss of friendship, but the relationships were never the same. But ever since the fighting between friends disrupted my life and losing my best friend to a car accident. I have promised myself to stand by friends no matter what insanity follows....specially if that friend was a family member...Life is way to short to be wasted on labeling people as not being good enough to be my friend! So again...How good of a friend are you? Do you stand by your friends no matter what?

On the family side: As you have read my youngest Sebastian is sick with a terrible cold with a stuffy nose and cough, hoping he does not end up with an ear infection! Tristan is talking so much more clearer these days. He was one of those that was hooked on his pacifier until a few months ago. Ever since we got rid of it his speech is getting more clearer everyday! Last night Preston was sharing all that he is learning in school and was very excited about it. Preston is very smart and will go far in life..as long as he will sit still long enough to pay attention! Kiersten had a blast yesterday at the home-school group gathering. Her class cooked and learn how to milk a cow and had some discussions about the book they are reading Farmers Boy. Terry is tired of working and wants a vacation...I told him join the crowed..Oh yea and my hubby jumped in the shower with me the other day...just to piss me off ..lol..(see post do you shower with your lover)...And my sister-in-law called and is getting excited about her little ones first official Halloween, which my kids keep asking when they are getting customs...I'm like...when we have the money! LOL Geez, all this means is Christmas will be here soon and I have to go spend money on gifts instead of a vacation ;) Have a great day all!
Later Tators!

14 comments:

Mummy said...

You know I'd like to think I would stand by Britney but I wonder how many people actually would in that situation. It seems that she didn't want any of the people around her who loved her, just her new crowd of 'friends'. I'm guessing that makes it very hard for anyone who is trying to look out for her and be the voice of reason.

I hope your little one is feeling better. Poor thing. And I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight too!

iceah said...

i can say that i'm a pretty good friend (although not perfect) and yes i'd stand by my friends side and if your a true friend you'd still tell her if what she's doing is wrong, but still be by her side c: through thick and thin c:

thanx for the nice comment back there on my blog c: i have a new tag so i could get to know you better c: hope you'd have the time to answer it c:

hows your little one feeling today? c:

RaisingBoys said...

I'd like to think I'd be there for a friend through bad times and good, but you never know what will happen. I've lost touch with so many good friends for good reasons, bad reason or no reason at all -- it kind of saddens me when I think about it.

Hope your little ones feel better soon! Don't ya just hate it when they're sick.

-Sarah

kaushal said...

hi tiffiney!
can u share ur reaction when u 1st watched MTV in early 1980's?

Zen Ventures said...

oh I'm sorry to hear about Sebastian. It seems like the sniffles and colds are out of their cages again. I had it on friday. I was sneezing all day-no kidding! and my daughter caught it from me that night and still is a little sick till today. I feel bad but she's getting better. I hope Sebastian does too.

harassedmomsramblings said...

Sorry you have a sick kiddy!!!

If my friends did any of those scenarios you describe I WOULD stand by them!

They my friends and if you dont have friends who do you have!

LJ Charleston said...

I hope your little man is on the mend. re britney, a friend of mine here in sydney has printed up some tshirts that read 'britney is my mentor' she gets a lot of laughs.

Nina said...

It is so sad to me when friends give up on friends. I have had several friends walk out of my life and I never understood why. I still send them Christmas cards but I never get any response. The friends I do have I hold on to and I don't let anything come between us.

Sorry to here you lost a friend. I know how that feels as I lost a very good friend long ago.

I hope your little starts feeling better...

Lapa37 said...

I think some people deserve a second chance SOME.I try to be a good friend but sometimes it is hard when no one else is trying. I guess things happen people drift apart sucks but it does happen.I have had a lot of "friends" screw me over so I am very cautious now as to who I choose to be my friends.

Gombojav Tribe said...

Maybe it's a year for homemade Christmas presents and Halloween costumes! :-)

Then you and your husband can use the money saved to go on an off-season cruise. I was surprised how cheap they were! (Four days for $200! Everything included!) My husband and I went on one two years ago.

Hoping you get your vacation and another shower with your husband...

;-P

Daja

Tiffany said...

I just saw Britney on the VMAs the other night, I guess she's making her comeback, AGAIN! I believe if you leave a friend who is going down, they're only going to get worse. Every situation is different though so it may have a different outcome I suppose.

Landon is just now getting over his cold, it must be going around! I am having a terrible time taking his binky away. He doesn't talk much now, but we have heard him so words. His binky is a BIG problem! It's so hard to take it away though! How did you accomplish it?

Tiffiney said...

Thank you ladies for your comments! I think we can all agree that friends are one of the best things in life! Thank you for all the well wishes for my little one! :)

Bryn said...

I really liked your blog. Really got me thinking. I have never really had a friend that I have been that close to. My best friend is my hubby. And I would do anything for him and would have his back no matter what (unless he would do anything to harm me or our children). But anyway, IF I had a good friend like that, I would stand by her! There is only so much that you can do though. They also have to want to help themselves, ya know? But I would stand by her side. As for Britney..I hope that she decides to change, her little boys are going to grow up without her in their lives if she doesn't straighten up. But I think everyone deserves a second chance.

I Hope your little boy feels better. Everyone has a nasty cold over here in the Haney Household, so I feel for you!

~Bryn

Tiffiney said...

Bryn I hope you check back to this post..I am having trouble locating you..I cannot get on your blog...have you had to shut it down..hope not..thank you for leaving your comment :)