My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Friday, September 26, 2008

If you had the chance would you do it over again?

I had someone ask me a few weeks ago what life is like when you have four kids and is it financially harder to support our slightly larger family then most. I found this a pretty interesting question, and really had to think about how it is different it is to have a larger family. We have such a large age gap between our two sets of kids I just do not really see where we spend to much more money then smaller families. The two youngest are not in extra curricular activities yet, they really don't eat but so much food and usually for bdays and Christmas we get tons of clothes from family, not to mention some hand me downs. I also look for sales sales sales. The two oldest are the ones that cost allot right now, always out growing clothes and boy oh boy can they EAT! I guess we pay more in health insurance...but really it is not to much more, if I had to guess the difference between two kids and four kids..hum..maybe about 100-150 more a month if even that. Okay, Halloween costumes maybe a little more..and Christmas...but that is only a few times a year, so you save for those! So no I really do not see it to much financially...at least not yet..lol...Now what it is like to have four kids is totally different!! I can see a difference!! For a long time it was just me and my two oldest, then along came my hubby Terry and then "BAM" two more babies came along....and I have to say it is like a shock to your system when things happen that fast! My oldest and third child are 10 years apart...I had forgotten what it was like to be pregnant when I found out I was preggers with my third...and going back through labor, nursing, diapers, bottles, potty training and everything else. What in the hell was I thinking??? And then to turn around and do it again 18 months later with my fourth??? I must be insane!!!!!!!! Well, okay maybe I am a little ;) I have to say I never wanted anymore kids after my first two...nope I was done....I was happy I had my girl and boy..done done done!! I was on the look out for a sterile sugar daddy....but then it happened I fell in love....uggggg love.....puppy eyes and all....someone should have slapped me....MONEY..that is what you are suppose to marry for on your second marriage. Well, that is what I thought at least. Wow, was I wrong! Crazy how things just happen, one day I am a single mom of two..get on the net to met some guys so I can finally go out on a darn date..who is first to respond? Terry, but we only chatted at first well for 7 months..while I dated ALLOT!!!! Then we met and that is all she wrote! Funny huh....so what is like to have four kids....crazy, insane, crying, tantrums, where did that stain come from, how did this get broke, stop fighting, clean your room! What the hell was I thinking? Love, cuddles, kisses, all their first, entrainment, playing, smiles, laughter, weddings, grandchildren (hopefully way in the future!).....enough said!! If I could go back would I do it again??? WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!
In pictures: My four kids playing chase last night...one of those entertaining moments :0)
On the family side: Tristan officially turned 3 yesterday, we did another small cake and ate out. He got his present from all of us..he got a remote control car for a three year old, he loves it! Hubby is home sick today..feeling a little dizzy! Kiersten, Preston and Sebastian are all just hanging around. Not to much has gone on really! Oh, but I did go to court for my speeding ticket and I have to take a 8 hour driving class...the judge was giving that to everyone. Do not really want to take the darn class..I know how to drive...but it is better then having my insurance go up! It has been raining her in VA for two days now and it has made me oh so lazy feeling...was not going to write today, but I changed my mind! I will go and lurk on some of my favorite blogs this weekend, have not had allot of time to read so I need to get caught up! Have a great weekend everyone!
Later Tators!

13 comments:

Christie said...

Ahhhh... the joys of motherhood! It is most defintely worth it!

Kathy said...

Would I do it over again - YES - how can you not, which child would you choose not to have in your life. We were on the flip side, my husband had to pay child support on 2 children and that was a crunch in the ole pocket but it was still worth it. Memories of the little ones under foot are priceless as you get older. And it is a kick in the pants when they all get together and relive their childhoods, telling stories on each other that "mom and dad" had no idea where going on at the time, but funny now.

Alicia said...

Having my babies young, was worth it for sure!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Alicia
www.momdot.com

Veggie Mom said...

Life is all about "do-overs," isn't it? Love your pixes--the kids are so darn cute! BTW, Uncle Lynn answers your questions today over at my place in celebration of my Sweet Centennial. Please stop on by!

T said...

Great post!!

We all do what we have to do without thinking, don't we? I mean... when we stop and think about all that we do, we of course feel a little insane. But as you stated, the love and snuggles and kisses make it all worthwhile!!

Fun photos too!

AngieSS said...

I would absolutely do it all over again! I can't imagine my life without my little sweeties! Sometimes when you are stressed and you think I just can't handle anymore, one of them smiles and says, "I love you Mommy" and the world is suddenly perfect!

iceah said...

wow, boy could you write looong... c: well, i had to wake up early so i could do that. i have this little boy pulling me away from the computer specially the day his dad taught him how to play from it c:

so how's terry doin?is he ok now?my hubby still coughs but goes to work already c:

yup a crazy week for the both of us huh c:

iceah said...

back c: again c: could i ask a favor from you could you visit this friend of mine and give her some advice? c: it means a lot thanx in advance c:

http://www.thesingleparenttalks.com/

Zen Ventures said...

I also grew up in a big family and I don't think I will ever have it other way. Yes,life is tougher than most "regular-sized" family BUT the joy of having crazy brothers and silly sisters were priceless! Btw, Thanks for the follow- you're so sweeeeettttt!!! I hope you win my earring giveaway. Did you join yet? As you can see I'm running like a chicken with its' head cut-off these days! argh!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Great one.
If we could change things would we? I know that there are alot of things that I wish I had done, but, I truly think that my kids and my husband are and will be the greatest acomplishment that I will ever have. To change that would be to eliminate the very essence of who I am.
I am so glad that you wrote this one, good food for thought!!!

iceah said...

thanx so much tiff again c:

when kids are growing boy they really EAT! my little boy is starting to eat twice as what he eats before c: :9

Nina said...

Isn't love great! I never wanted kids and now have two and I wouldn't give them up for anything. Right now I am saying absolutly no more but I am also with out sleep, knee deep in diapers, bottles and everything else baby. I am sure as time passes I will forget all about these things and say lets do it again....maybe.

Tiffiney said...

Thank you all...loved reading all of your comments! I think I can pretty much say everyone is here is happy being a mom... :) it is the best thing ever! :)