My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What is Your Weight Loss Story?

Girl do I have a diet for you! How many times have you heard this? Or have you heard "You have to try this diet, it is so easy and I am losing weight like crazy!" My response is usually the same...yea right! I love seeing and laughing at the commercials on TV..this was me before (insert diet here) and look at me know! Oh wow I need to call right away...sure...now don't get me wrong I am sure some of these diets work, specially the ones you have to buy the meals for and have them delivered..hell they should after spend tons of money on the food....but really who has the money to spend on these meals? And what does the rest of your family eat while you are eating these packaged meals that are so called healthy? So I have decided to come up with my own diet online commercial and share it with all of you. I really can't believe I am going to share my fat pictures...LOL...so here I go!

This is me after giving the birth to my third child in Sept. 2005 (sorry could not find a better pic)
I had gained 70 pounds while pregnant with Tristan!



And just look at me now! Only seven months later at my wedding in April 2006!





How did I lose all this weight and look this great after only seven months of giving birth? It is the diet we all know...called..Nursing your Newborn and Watching What You Eat! It is a very simple diet to follow, and helped me drop the pounds in time for my wedding! I also am a vegetarian a diet which I highly recommend for easy weight loss, being a vegetarian has helped me maintain the perfect weight for me. So there is your diet tip for the day! ;)

Okay, so there it is my first online commercial. What do you think about it? Or do you have a diet you love? Share your weight loss story with me!

On the family side: It is raining like crazy outside today which means my hubby lucked up and is in the office today. My oldest and I are sitting here home-schooling, and trying to stay awake..the rain is making us tired. My soon to be three year old is walking around with a clothes basket on his head for some reason or another. My youngest is in my room addicted to Blue's Clue's today. Preston is at school, we got his progress reports yesterday..he is lacking by 1 C to get on the AB honor roll...so he is trying to pull that C up. This people is a huge thing in this home, last year he was the child that could not sit still and was getting into trouble...Huge change this year..thankfully!! My mother is coming up for a visit this Friday, she is staying until sometime on Saturday. I am happy she is coming, can't wait to hang out with my mom :)
And someone was at the door a few minutes ago giving me a notice that the town's drinking water may not be safe...GREAT...glad we have a well...but we will have to remember this when going out to eat..and does this mean the school's water is gross...Geez....Well, I guess I should get off the computer and finish schooling and start some more cleaning...I want my house spotless for mom's visit...
Later Tators!

22 comments:

Melyssa R
Boulder County, CO
said...

I've struggled with my weight since my daughter was born. I gained 50 lbs while preggo. I'm still carrying 40 pounds of that and I breastfed for 2 years and am a vegetarian so not sure what the heck other than I am an exercise-phobe and eat too much...hmmmmmm...LOL. I'd rather be jolly than skinny in my case. When I lose weight I get really crabby and it comes right back on anyway. I have yo-yo'd 20 pounds a couple of times.

Lapa37 said...

I don't have a weight loss story I wish I did I sure do need one.It has been raining here all day to.Kids were both home sick from school :(

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Hey thanks for coming to see my freak show post.

You look great too, so happy that you have found something that works for you.

Christie Crowder said...

Ugggh! I am sooo jealous! I wanted so badly to nurse both of my kids but I never produced enough milk. It was just a cruel joke to have such big boobs that were totally empty. I had heard from other moms that nursing was natural slim-fast so I was all for it (and of course to give the best nourishment to my children)...but alas...the well was dry! I would pump for hours only to get an ounce or less...TOTAL! So my weight loss story...HA! I dont have one...yet...working on it! PS>thanks for commenting on my minivan post! keep in touch!

Mummy said...

Loved the photos!!! I'm a weightwatchers person myself, although I'm not that good at sticking at it! It is common sense though really, it's writing it all down that seems to help me! The rain does make you feel dreary though, I hope you get some sun very soon :) and well done to your little AB roller! whoo!

BellyDance Girl said...

Have the BEST time with your mom!!!! And - what a GREAT post! Thank you for helping debunk all of those weight loss scams. Sure- the mail-to-eat programs will help you loose weight - only because they are PORTION/calorie CONTROLLED - which anyone can do with a food scale from Bed, Bath and Beyond or any store like that. If you need portion control for a jump-start, try a Lean Cuisine diet - cheaper! Although, NOTHING has the staying power of HEALTHY eating!!! I attribute losing 30 pounds in three years to 'sensible' eating (I'd let myself have chocolate or chips-and-dip once a week or everyother week), simple additional exercise like parking at the end of the lot or taking the stairs in my apartment building. I had lost 15 pounds BEFORE I started bellydancing - just because I did the 'extras' and walked around my block twice a week. It works if you have the patience and will-power. By the way, you look GREAT!!!

iceah said...

true, true,true c: nurse your baby and eat right c: veggies for me and my family too c: we enjoy it plus less carbohydrates that's rice for us bcoz our country is rice dependent.
anyway, my award for you is in my other blog site c:

http://wow-legs.blogspot.com

iceah said...

forgot to say that i love the way you dress c: and i really like the picture of you and your hubby in the beach c: lovely couple too c:

LJ Charleston said...

I've always been skinny but put some weight after my twins, I lost it quite fast but then put on some more after my 3rd...I'm not a vegetarian but I really watch what I eat now that im getting older, I cant get away with eating whatever I like. I find my biggest fault is nibbling on the kids leftovers and then eating dinner when my husband gets home!

Nina said...

Love the commercial, it was great. I absolutly agree with you about nursing baby and watching what you eat. I gained 40 lbs with my second, still nursing 10 months later and now weigh less than I did before I got pregnant. I wont say what I weigh because it will just make people mad at me. I am naturally a very small person.
Now my body isn't in great shape because I haven't stepped foot in a gym since he was born but I am at my ideal weight. Now when it is time to stop nursing I am screwed because I will have to start excersing or I will start gaining.
I love burning 500 caleries a day just feeding my baby.

RaisingBoys said...

I can account for that diet as well, it's how I lost the 30 pounds -- plus an extra 5 -- that I gained having my second baby! So far I haven't gained any back, even though I stopped nursing three months ago. Now I'm just running my rear off -- literally. I'm about to start training for a half marathon!

Susan Cooke said...

I was skinny most of life (but of course, never thought so). Now, since I've been in my 40's I've gained 30 pounds...I can't believe it. I just turned 48 and I'm going to lose it once and for all. I'm blogging about it for the accountability. I love to cook, it's my downfall.

Lis Garrett said...

Personally, I think you looked just as good in the first photo as you did in the second!!

I'm still nursing #3, who is now 3 years old. Needless to say, I think I might just disappear, much like The Incredible Shrinking Woman. LOL!

Debateur said...

I gained close to 60 lbs with my daughter and my diet was pretty boring. Watching what I eat and exercising. Definately wouldn't make for a good commercial. Oh and yes the breastfeeding helped

Melissa B. said...

I have no weight-loss secret, since I haven't been able to lose any weight! Nursing does do the trick, but my kids are way past that. Any other suggestions you might send my way (weigh?) would be greatly appreciated! On a completely different note, please drop by my place today--we're featuring our regular Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. There are no winners, but it's a whole lotta fun!

iceah said...

how's your mom?c: i have a poem tag for you at my new blog site just click this add:

http://cheezy-cake.blogspot.com/

Kathy said...

Just thought I'd let you know I stopped by so while I was here I thought I'd say howdy.

Veggie Mom said...

If I could just stay away from my students who sell candy as fundraisers, I'd be OK! BTW, got a Great New Giveaway going on over at my place, to commemorate my 100th post--please stop by!

Tiffiney said...

Thank you all for sharing your stories...even if you didn't have one! Just remember that no one person reflex the perfect size! We are all unique and beautiful in our own ways! Don't try to fit some other person's image. Find what works for you, and work it girls! :)

Maria said...

I gained over 60 pounds with my first and over 50 with my second... I still have 10 more pounds I'd like to lose but I realize that my body has changed after having 2 kids and it's ok! I try to eat healthy and I exercise so I think I'm on the right track :)

amotherworld said...

I gained over 60 pounds with my first and over 50 with my second... I still have 10 more pounds I'd like to lose but I realize that my body has changed after having 2 kids and it's ok! I try to eat healthy and I exercise so I think I'm on the right track :)

Tiffiney said...

Thank you Maria aka a mother world for dropping in...good luck on your weight loss...you will see me on your blog soon