My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Will I still blog when I get old?

I was sitting in the car the other day at Walmart waiting for my hubby to finish shopping, I was in one of my white trash outfits and I was not about to fall up into Wally world in that outfit. Anyway this cute little old couple walked by our car. The women was pushing the cart and her husband was hunched all over just trying to just make it to their car. I watched them get into the car very carefully the women lifting her leg so she can get into her seat. I started thinking about my future and how the aging process will effect my body. Kinda freaks me out. I mean come on at 34 I am in my prime, loving life to the fullest and well...looking alright...I ain't complaining...could be in better shape...but hey exercise is just not for me..lol...But I mean really is this just vanity talking, I am not ready to lose the looks I do have and I am sure not ready to have grey hair and move even slower then I do now....I was hoping to travel the world when my kids got older and moved out on their own...Am I doomed to be at home sitting in my rocking chair complaining about the calluses on my feet? Why do we have to work hard all our lives and when it is time for us to retire...we are to old to do anything? This can drive a person crazy thinking on this subject! So back to the point of the post. How scared are you to get older? I don't mean 50 or even 60 now a days..I am talking 80, 90! Don't get me wrong I hope I live to be 100 as long as my body and mind hold up. I am looking forward to growing old with my husband and watching my children's children grow up..But it is hard to picture myself as an old women, with the funky hair and all those wrinkles. I mean it will cool and all to get the old timers discount and have teenagers yelling at me cause I will prolly drive way to slow and oh my gosh what about dressing out of style and not really having to worry about it..lol...What do you think you will be like when you are an old women or man? Are you looking forward to growing old with your partner..Do you think he will carry your purse for you if you can't? Do you think you will still be hip or just one of those grouchy old people, wishing everyone would just leave you alone..Share what you think...I would really like to know how others are handling the aging process! Hum wonder if I will still be blogging when I get really old! ;)


I have not been writing to much this past week, due to getting things done around the house, so all that have selected for meme's American in Norway, Life in the Lapadula House, and
Iceah, I want to thank you for picking me! If I missed anyone let me know! I unfortunately do not have to much time this week either to do them so I am going to say a huge thank you again. Maybe next time I can get to some of the meme's! And another huge Thank you to Iceah for the kind bloggers award! I have posted it on my sidebar! :)

On the family side: My mother came to visit this past weekend (as you might have read in my Happy Birthday to Tristan) So of course the week before I was cleaning like crazy. I decided to use the opportunity that my mother was coming to do a little spring cleaning around the old home frontier. Anyway, mom came up from NC and we had a wonderful time! Tristan had his little party and got some really nice gifts! Thanks Dad, Karen, Brian, Amanda and Katie for his gifts and a big Thank you to my mom for the cake she brought up and her gifts! Other than my mom coming up, not to much as been going on! Just the same old same old. Hubby and I are trying to make a decision on maybe moving next year. Would love to move somewhere exciting..Like a destination kind of place! We'll see! Today things are back to normal. On Wednesday I go to court for that stupid speeding ticket so wish me luck on that!!!! Whelp that about sums it up for now!
Later Tators!

14 comments:

Bryn said...

Ugh. I am scared to get old. Especially the way I am now. I am OK looking but over weight! I don't want to be bedridden when I get old. That is scary. I am scared of the sickness and diseases heading my way (when I get older of course).
I think hubby and I will be one of those hilarious old couples. Like Marie and Frank from 'Everyone Loves Raymond' lol
I will (if I lose my weight) try to be the "hip" Grandma...but way over doing it trying to look young! lol My husband will be sitting around in his chair in his undies scratching himself!
Oh Goodness! I hope I have time to travel. Hubby and I got married and had kids very young. I can't wait to enjoy the time with just him and I. I hope that we are financially stable to live a great life. I feel sorry for those that still have to work after "retirement"...that is scary to think about!

LJ Charleston said...

I agree, it's hard to think about being old..when you see elderly people struggling in the supermarket or walking down the street , its nearly impossible to picture yourself like that

Zen Ventures said...

I so feel your pain about not being able to blog as much- I'm sure u know why - but such is life what can we do? right? Anyway, I thot I'd stop by and say HELLOWWW!!! As for your post, I definitely will blog as much as I can see the letters in my laptop! LOL! Btw, Happy 3rd birthday to Tristan - Cute kiddo! And if you get the chance, come on over and join my promo. I'm giving away an earring- it's open until oct 15th. See ya girl!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

It scares me too!!! I have a Great Grandma that is 94. She has mini strokes all the time and the doctors have told my Mom to stop bringing her to the ER. There is nothing that they can do and eventually it will be one too many. Aw what an awful thing to say. Almost like you are too old to worry about so just go away....

I think what you have brought to light is that we just never know what our life is going to morph into. We are not guranteed that we get a good "older years". We are not even guranteed tomorrow, so we had better live it today and not wait for tomorrow.
My Dad is one of those guys, when we weren't off water-skiing, we were off snow skiing. We were working hard and then we were playing hard. I try to continue that theme into my own life. We will never be out of debt so why wait to take the kids to Disneyland, we need to make the memories and the magic now.
Great thought provoking post!

Nina said...

I don't even want to think about getting old. I only have one grandparent left and she barely gets around and I just think that has to be rough. I hope hubby and I are still together and I do look forward to seeing how my kids will turn out.

Connie said...

I am already falling apart and I'm only 38. This has caused me to re-evauluate how I live and try to make some healthy changes.

I recently stopped drinking soda and eating processed foods. We'll see how it goes!

Laura said...

If I age as my Father has then I have no worries. He will be 79 next month...still works...on the board of directors for a homeless shelter...on the board for an insurance thing (hate to say I don't know the name)...he is active in his church...works out at the gym every day...and he blogs lol

Tiffiney said...

Thank you all for your comments...aging freaks me out..I don't have any grandparents any longer here...we kinda die young in my family..think that is the scariest part of it all...

Bryn, I would love to be able to get on your blog and leave some comments..I just cannot get on it...says profile not available...I would love for you to leave your site url..so I can catch up on your life :)

Elizabeth said...

Interesting post, visiting via BBOTW.
I don't know if I am scared of aging or not. I am only 41, and I never cared about getting old or birthdays, but I have been having health problems for the last 5 years. Recently I told the doctor that I felt like I was about 80 years old with my vision, breathing, dry skin, bruising, etc. and he said that essentially I AM 80 years old, and unhealthy even for that. But, I will supposedly get better. Then I can go through all these changes slowly in another 40 years! LOL

BPOTW said...

I thoroughly intend to spend every year with my hubby as long as we're on this earth. And then we'll spend eternity in Heaven. I do hope to be spry and agile...not weak. It's not looking good though. I've got Alzheimer's on both sides of my family so...what was I saying :)

Gombojav Tribe said...

I am actually looking forward to being an old lady. I think it'll be great! Old ladies get away with a LOT!

They get handsome younger men waiting on them and sometimes they get downright flirty!

They get discounts everywhere from diners to the movies to the mall.

And people ask their opinions and advice about things. And even if people don't, old ladies give their opinions and advice and people just put up with it. If I spoke my mind all the time now people would be offended and tell me I'm too young to know anything. But, wait until I'm old!

And cookies! I'm going to bake cookies all the time and be known as the old lady who always has a jar filled with fresh cookies.

And naps! I LOVE naps. And when I'm old no one will say I'm lazy when I fall asleep in the middle of the day for a couple hours.

Oh, it's going to be glorious!

Want a rocker next to mine?

Tiffiney said...

I am so glad you are getting better Elizabeth..I have Alzheimer's to that runs in my family best post! Tribe I to am going to give my opinion even when people do not ask for it...lol..its the fun of getting older!

Liberal I am. Bona fide I be. said...

Great post! I just hope that my arthritis doesn't get any worse than it is so I CAN blog when I am a senior! I already have it, much less.. ugh!

Tiffiney said...

Thank you liberal for dropping by...I know what you mean about hoping not to get arthritis...I love to blog..sad I know but I do..lol..