My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Do You Wear Mismatched Socks?

If you are a regular on my blog, then you know that the chore I can't stand the most is doing laundry! Yes, I know putting the clothes in the washer and then into the dryer is not hard...its putting them away, that for some reason is the hard part. And the one thing that can drive me totally nuts, is when I have a million socks to match and put away. For some freakish reason after getting my socks all matched up, I don't just have one left over Oh No I have like five or seven unmatched socks...what the flip! How does this happen and why???? I just know someone with a sock fetish comes and steals them, just to mess with me. Anyway, so I have a basket I keep all of my socks that are missing their mates in and every once in a while..and that is a huge EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, I get them out of the basket and start matching them up. But I still have some that just cannot seem to get matched...so what to do with them? Okay, most people would say throw them away!!!! But not me, nope forget it I will just wear them mismatched. I mean really no one can tell when you wear pants and shoes! As long as they are the same sorta sock I just put them on. I have worn a red and blue sock together, black and blue together..and no one is the wiser, well till now at least! And what about the socks with holes, do you have socks with holes? Most of the time those do get thrown out around here, I cannot stand to wear a sock that my toe wants to fall out of..yuck... just hate that feeling. I like for my feet to stay warm during the colder months. But I do have to admit that yes I have worn socks with holes in them! The reason all of this sock talk came up? It is starting to get a little chilly here and there in VA and I have been wearing my house socks around. My favorite pair are a lime green color...yes lime green! They are very soft and fluffy and have frogs on them, in which I love frogs! But anyway, my feet still stay cold. Sometimes I feel to keep my feet warm I need to wear like 3 pairs of socks..So I am looking to buy a few really good pairs of thick thick socks to wear around the house. Any suggestions? I cannot stand cold feet..BTW a warning! If you do wear mixed match socks or holey socks...only wear them if you are for sure you will not have to take your shoes off in public!!! I have forgotten this many times..how embarrassing!!LOL....So what about you do you wear mismatched socks?

On the family side: We are going shopping on Wed so we all can get new shoes and also our Halloween costumes. I hope we get to also stop by a pumpkin patch and finally get our pumpkins. Think we may have a pumpkin carving and painting contest this weekend. Ideas gathered from some great blogs. We also have a fun get together with some home-schoolers on Friday. Looking forward to that, and my kids are attending a dance on Saturday night..yes I will be taking pictures!! My poor digital camera that is totally messed up still somehow works. Thankfully!! So I will post some pictures next week of my two oldest all dressed up and going out! :) Whelp, that is it for now. Wanted to keep this short as I could today! Have a great week all! :)
Later Tators!!

A must watch video!! Watch the 13 year old girl that silenced the UN for 5 min...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sb6RmRMbBY

23 comments:

harassedmomsramblings said...

I am a bit ocd so cant wear mismatched socks! But holey socks I can and do ;)

We have that same phenomena here - always socks left with no partners! My dad threw one at me yday and said - FIND ITS PARTNER? I am thinking its his favourite sock!

Stephanie said...

I do wear mismatched socks...noone ever really knows. I think this is the first conversation I have seen on the topic, though. ;) I always wore mismatched stuff as a kid, too. We were not poor, but I could not seem to part with my favorites. :)

Lapa37 said...

Yes I have the same problem with mismatched socks.I have an idea that when you die and go to heaven all the socks that you have lost mates for are there waiting for you so you will feel like it's home.hahaha I have n award for you.

Texas Mom said...

Whoever is stealing your socks are stealing mine too. In fact, I'm doing laundry right now. I don't have a problem WASHING clothes, it's just folding, hanging and putting them away!

I don't wear mismatched socks (drive me crazy to have a knee high on one foot and an ankle sock on another) but I DO wear holey socks. I just tell everyone that I'm walking on holey ground. ;-)

Christie-A Work In Progress said...

You are too funny! I have the same issue with laundry! As I am commenting right now there are 5 baskets full of clean clothes and I have a load in the washer and a load in the dryer...only one empty basket left! I also have a basket full of my husbands socks that are missing mates. I usually can keep the kids socks matched...and my own too because I dont have a lot of socks. But hubby... I have no idea where they go! I believe we have a little sock elf that takes them and hides them away!

Baby Girl Names said...

sometimes i wear mismatched socks.

Susie said...

I am a bit ocd too so, we buy one color socks so there is no mismatching:-)

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I'm almost pathological about matching socks - for everyone in my family. If I notice that two of my daughters' socks are identical with the exception of a slightly different tint of white, I will search high and low for the two that would be better matches. One reason that I'm already missing summer....

Laura said...

Have to say that I don't wear mismatched socks...but I don't match socks...they all go into a basket and if someone needs a pair then find it lol...any that have a hole become a dog toy for Mr. Spike Lee. Oh and he has been know to just take one out of the basket if he can't find a chew toy.

chubskulit said...

Hahaha, i love doing laundry... hubby does laundry too but hate folding it lol..

Usually, socks gets into shirts or shorts you just have to flap it hard before folding...

Hey, Tiff.. will add this on my list.. hope u don't mind..

misty said...

wearing mismatched socks...hmnnn possible.... i never tried it yet hehehe.. now i will, thanks for the tip..

Nina said...

I don't wear mismatched socks but I have plenty of them floating around the house. I get mad when I can't find the mate and I am pretty sure it is in the back yard because the dog ate it and deposited it out their. And no way do I want them back.
My husband dresses my oldest in the morning and he is always ranting about not having matching socks so my son does wear a lot of mismatches. He doesn't mind.

Kwagoo said...

i wear mismatched socks too.. :D nobody usually notices when its hidden under my jeans.

i don't like holey socks though, so i'd set them aside and then once i have a pile of them, i'd sew them to make dust cloths.. haha

BPOTW said...

Holey socks, no I cannot wear them. That feeling is too weird! For some reason my washer and dryer don't eat socks a lot. I think it's because I do laundry so rarely they know they can't get away with it :)

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

You had me at the word "hippy" in your title. Somehow I figured it probably meant you were a vegetarian like me--it's how I describe myself! Like you, we also have visa things to always take care of. It's usually my husband in the US, but we just switched rolls and moved to Germany. Now I've got the visa (and a new blog, too!). I'm very glad to have found your blog. Even the last post about writer's block was charming. I love it!

My mom still reminds us of the pains of folding everyone's different socks years ago.

American in Norway said...

I have started buying 6 pairs of the SAME SOCK... that way it is a lot harder to mess up.... I can almost always find the mate.

Get a nice pair of wool socks... it will save you fomr having to wear 3 pairs....

Brenda Jean said...

Wow, I thought I was the only one who wore mismatched socks. Holes I don't even care about as long as it's not near the toes. The odd thing is that all 3 of my kids are anal like my hubby and socks have to be neat and matched. No one likes the fuzzies in the toes, or even teeny holes. Could we makes something out of our socks? The only thing I don't like are socks that are too tight. So nice to meet some kindred spirits. BAHAHAHAHA Stopping in from BPOTW

Tiffiney said...

Thank you all for leaving your comments...so nice to hear it is just not me that wears mismatched socks..or loses the mates all the time... :)

Sarah said...

Well I live in Florida, so even today -- when it's 50-some degrees out -- I'm still wearing sandals. You made me want to go on a sock shopping spree though -- any excuse to go shopping.

So what are the kids going as for Halloween?

Midwest Mom said...

What a fun post! (Honestly, I only wear mismatched socks if they're kinda close to the same color...) I firmly believe that single sox have gone to "single sock land" where they play all day in the sunshine with other people's single socks. :) What do you think?

JourneytoFamily said...

Ha! And this is why I don't wear socks. (just my birks) And the kids don't wear socks either. Takes care of the sock-eating dryer for sure!!!

Tiffiney said...

Thank you sara, midwest and journey for your comments..i really wish we did not have to wear socks..but in va it gets cold..so socks is a must...and yes..midwest...i think you right about the socks being in sockland...lol

Anonymous said...

Grew up with odd socks and often hollow. After just over 1 year I have only socks with big holes in the: (Not so funny when 2-3 toes looking out of each sock, and that there are big holes in the heel and under foot. When I get new socks inherit my father's worn-out which received hole already. When mom sometimes think that the holes are too small to deal with it I may make them better, otherwise it makes mom and then it will be big holes, I can promise you: ((