My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Husband and Man Rules!

Today is my husband Terry's 37th Birthday, so I decided to write a post dedicated to him today! Happy Birthday Babe! :) ( Man Rules are at the end of this post..Make sure to read them they are way funny!)
A few years back when I was a single gal with two kids, I decided to make the leap onto online dating, why would I do this? Because being a single mom of two small kids, the only time I got out of the house was to get take out! And you can have a hard time meeting a man in the Chinese take out line! So online dating was a choice I made in hopes to go out and eat for free!! lol...kidding! But really I needed a darn date. So I made my profile on the big Yahoo personals and began my search! First one to reply...Terry! He lived in VA I lived in NC a little over 2 hours from each other, so we did not meet right away. We chatted online for about 7 months as friends. While of course we met and dated other people. If you decide to do online dating, be careful you can meet some real freaks out there...but you can also meet some really nice people. I was lucky, I meet some really great guys, some I am still friends with today :) Anyway, so Terry and I finally decided to meet in person. We met on Oct. 29, 2004 and that was pretty much all she wrote..we hit it off and had a great weekend! After our first meeting we chatted on the phone all the time and emailed of course..we saw each other whenever we could! Then Christmas rolled around and Terry decided to go home to Canada for Christmas, he asked me to come and meet his family! I was thrilled, not only to meet his family but to also travel and see a new place..I am
huge on traveling! The trip was great..so great in fact that we ended up pregnant... ;) So there we were, dated for a little over 2 months and found we were preggers...OH My Gosh what to do??? Whelp, we dated of course...any man that can make it through a pregnancy with someone he just really met and walk into a ready made family of a 9 year old (Kiersten) and a 7 year old (Preston)...is a keeper..lololol...So we welcomed Tristan in Sept. 2005, Terry asked me to marry him in Nov. and we got married barefoot on the beach on April 29, 2006! And then welcomed Sebastian in April 2007. It's funny how things just fall into place sometimes. We may not have done things traditionally, but you know...traditions sometimes get in the way, we did it our way and it worked. Keep that in mind when others keep trying to tell you what to do, or that you are doing it wrong and that is not the way you should do it! I love my husband very much and yes we have our battles and bump heads allot, but we have lots of funny making up!!
So a note to Terry, I love you and I am very happy that we both happen to be looking online in 2004. I am very happy that you picked me to chat with and fall in love with. I am very happy that you have given me two more beautiful kids and have become a wonderful dad to my older two as well. I am very happy you can put up with my and my craziness :) You are a wonderful man, a loving father and an awesome husband, BTW you are a most excellent lover to ;) So here's to you on your Birthday!

Now here is a little something extra for Terry's Birthday. He showed me these Man Rules below and I thought they were totally hilarious so I wanted to share!

Man Rules
At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down
Finally , the guys' side of the story
(
I must admit, it's pretty good)

We always hear
'the rules'
From the female side
Now here are the rules from the male side

These are our rules!
Please note... they are all numbered '1' ON PURPOSE!

1. Men are NOT mind readers.

1.
Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1.
Sunday sports It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1.
Crying is blackmail.

1.
Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one! Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

1.
Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1.
Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1.
Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days.

1.
If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1.
If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1.
You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1.
Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1.
Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.

1.
ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have NO idea what mauve is.

1.
If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1.
If we ask what is wrong and you say 'nothing,' We will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1.
If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1.
When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine... Really!

1.
Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball or golf.

1.
You have enough clothes.

1.
You have too many shoes.

1.
I am in shape. Round IS a shape!

1.
Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know I have to sleep on the couch tonight;But did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.

I love you Terry!!!

15 comments:

Mummy said...

What a lovely post Tiffiney :) Happy birthday to Terry!

AngieSS said...

Awww...I love your tribute to your hubs and hearing how you met and married. Congrats on finding a keeper!

p.s. I'm not about to show my hubs those rules. As long as I can keep him from being able to actually verbalize what it is that he is really trying to say -- I win... bwhaahaha

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday, Terry! Congrats on finding a good man! They are sort of hard to locate...but worth the search when we find the right one!

I always love reading your posts! Keep up the great work! ;)

Kitty said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby - he sounds like a great guy! And I LOVE the man rules!

Nina said...

Happy birthday to Terry! Your story is so cute. Don't have an exciting story about my love, we met in highschool oh so many years ago and been together ever since.

The Rules are just to funny! I think most men know they can think they have rules but we know better. LOL

Christie said...

My hubby got a kick out of these...so did I! Happy Birthday, Terry!

Lapa37 said...

Happy belated Bday to your man.I loved you post about him and how you met.I also love his man list funny stuff.Tell him the roflmao when I read the one about "if it itches it will be scratched"funny stuff.

journey2learn said...

Awesome post...and love the rules!

PS. I tagged you to complete "7 Random or Weird Facts About You"...more details are on my blog!

iceah said...

lovely story c:c:c: enjoyed reading it and with all smiles i did c: happy birthday to Terry and tell him he has found his other half praying and always praying for the strength of your relationship and love to blossom and keep you both together c: God bless your tandem c:

haven't read the rules be back here to read it the little man is yanking me :p

Susie said...

Coming to you via BPOTW. That is a great list from a great guy. I hope he had a fantastic birthday:-)

BPOTW said...

Happy Birthday Terry!! What a sweet story. Thanks for sharing it with everyone!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

What a wonderful "how we met" story. I love a good love story!

Tiffiney said...

Thank you all for posting!! And a huge Thank you for all the bday wishes!! :)

chubskulit said...

hahaha i busted out with laughter with the man rules lol...

Met hubby in matchmaker.com and im happy that i did not listen to ditractors.. i gambled and i won... big time, found the most loving husband and dad for our kids...

so you'll be celebrating your 4th year of meeting each other in a day or two...

Tiffiney said...

Hey chubs...thank you for stopping by..We both were so lucky to find that right guy online...so cool! :) yeap four years oct. 29..of meeting and dating at least :)