My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Open Road...

I just got done watching a movie with my family, it was called Wild Hogs, cute movie btw....while watching this movie I started thinking of my life and how I would love to just go out on the open road. Okay, maybe not on a motorcycle..but just for some fun and adventure! I think we all need a break every once in a while, sometimes to just get away from the norm. With my husband being an Archaeologist it can be pretty easy to just get an RV and hit that open road and travel. But do you do it? Do you pack four kids and a cat up into a tiny space and travel the U.S.? Specially this day in time with the economy so bad? Or do you just sit and wait, sit and wait for an awesome job in Alaska, Hawaii or some other wonderment of a place to come up? My kids classroom could be the world, or it can be behind closed doors sitting at a desk. Making a big decision can be so confusing sometimes, if I do this is it the best thing or will it be the worst decision I have made so far. You can really make yourself crazy thinking about things sometimes. I can hear my parents now "Are you crazy?" LOL...yeap! I think I have finally figured out that I am just not happy staying in the same boring place. I need to see things, I need to experience new things and just walk on new ground. Who knows call me a gypsy but I need to get out!! So what about you? How do you feel about getting away from the norm. If you had a chance to go anywhere in the world..where would you go? Or if you had a chance to do one thing you have always wanted to do what would it be? And why are you holding back from seeing or doing new things? Do we just sit and wait or do we get up and go? I need to make a plan and get wild some and take a chance and drag my family along with me..cause if I wait to much longer..I will never do it.....Life is short...go nuts!!!

On the family side: We went Friday to a home-school get together, we all had allot of fun playing games and socializing, hope we all get together again soon. The Halloween dance was on Sat. night. Both my older kids got all dressed up and off we went to the dance. Tristan went along for the ride. We got there and the music was flipping blaring loud. Kiersten decided she did want to stay, the dance was geared more for younger kids. But Preston did stay and he had a great time. Tristan would not even walk into the building the music and costumes scared him..lol...As usual we were running late for the dance..so we forgot to take pictures :( Oh well we will get some on Halloween!! Today we are not doing to much, just hanging around watching movies...I do keep walking by my laundry room and every time I do it yells at me "Why oh why Tiff will you not clean me up and do all of these clothes?" I have been just ignoring it and walking away..is that bad..LOL...okay no really I must get up from here and go wash some clothes, or the kids will be wearing bags as clothes this week....and I must figure out what we are eating for dinner tonight...oh well, guess I will dream about the open road tomorrow...... ;)
Later Tators!

15 comments:

Christie-A Work In Progress said...

My husband and I have always said that if we ever win the lottery, we'd buy an RV and just "ride"! But why wait for the lottery,right? By the way... why are we always on the same laundry page every week? Scary!

journey2learn said...

A road trip sounds amazing! Wish we could go on a long one. Would love to take the kids to the Grand Canyon. For now, we settle on some short (couple of days) RV trips to places nearby...and then a one-week on in the summer usually to my parents.

But when I was in 6th grade, my sister in 3rd, my parents took us on an-around-the-US for a year trip. It was amazing. Wish I could give my children the same experience.

harassedmomsramblings said...

If I could go anywhere in the world I would drive up to Kenya with the kids and watch the Masa Marai migration in a hot air balloon!

Or I would take the kids on a year long trip through South Africa! There is SOO much to see!

Texas Mom said...

Yep, been homeschooling for 13 years and hardly a month goes by that I don't wish we were living in an RV and using the "backyard" as our classroom. One of my favorite books is about a homeschool family that sold everything and moved in a SAILBOAT. They traveled the world. I'd like to do that too.

Sounds like you have wanderlust too. Who knows, maybe it's genetic. Some of my ancesters are Beduin Arabs/Israelites, so I know they pitched tents and were always on the go.

I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I love the idea of traveling with my children. Then I remember what it's like just trying to get them to daycare... Maybe in a few years.

Susie said...

Life on the road sounds good for a vacation but, I would miss baking and gardening too much. I guess I am a home body at heart:-)

Zen Ventures said...

I so want to get out of her and go to Japan but my hubby kept telling me that it dont matter where you go if there's global recession. That's why I said greenwich because there, it's just us! HA! But why Japan? I'm always enamored with that Country and their culture. I think I just need a different environment is all. Now whichever you go, I'm sure there's a big reason why you chose to be there. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you! :)

chubskulit said...

Having 3 and 2 years old tots is hard to travel but we always do join trips... My husband and kids are hot rods so we can't just sit in our house and do nothing.. We went hiking already twice this year, which was hard but it was fun..

I really want to travel places so i think when we go back to states we will explore some ares that we never been yet...

thanks for the comments and visit... added u in my blogroll already

iceah said...

hi dear so sorry been busy lately and yes we had a great weekend just look at my new post soon c:

so sorry haven't posted the award and questions you gave me been busy at home no :c

wow! terry is an Archeologist wow! like the mummy huh! c: looks like fun work for me c:

we all need a break sometimes right c:

Nina said...

I love vacations and trtaveling to new places but I am also very much a home body. I don't know that I could pack up my family and go where ever. I wish I had a little more of that free spirit in me but I don't.
The dance sounded like fun. We trick-or-treat in a couple days and I am not ready.

Katrina said...

that sounds so exciting!! it's been a while since my last road trip :(

Tiffiney said...

Thank you all for your comments...seems I am not alone in needing a break from things...didn't think I was...LOL....

Katrina...can't find a blog on you..hope you stop back by soon...let me know if you do have blog for me to visit :)

Lapa37 said...

I am a home body I really don't like to travel.It kind of puts me in a bad mood. Oh yeah you have been Boo-ed come on over to my place and check it out.

BPOTW said...

There used to be a show on tv about a family who lived in an RV and traveled the country. Of course the homeschooled their kids. I only watched one or two episodes, but it was interesting.

It would be an awesome way to live and teach!! The job aspect, which brings in the money for necessities, would be tough to figure out. But if we could figure out a way to have a steady income then I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm not tied to one place (we move every couple of years anyway) so I would love to experience different places and be able to teach my children about things first hand.

Tiffiney said...

Thank you tina and best post for stopping in....will see you soon on your blogs :)