My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Why is it?

Why is it that when your kids are young, they love to help clean, cook and pick up and when they get older...they just want to do nothing even close to cleaning?

I remember when Kiersten and Preston use to love pulling a chair up to the sink and washing dishes and help vacuum and dust and they loved to sweep...what happened? TEEN YEARS!!!



Hum, I guess I am starting all over with Tristan and Sebastian...think the love of cleaning will stick with them as they become teens?.....LOL...yea right!!!!!




On the family side:Both of my older children are doing very well in school! My son Preston came home yesterday with his report card..he made the AB honor roll. I was so excited and he was so happy! This is the first time he has made the AB honor roll! Kiersten is doing very well also, her grades are very good and she has taken up an interest in Science. Which I am very happy she is showing some interest in a subject like this! My youngest child Sebastian did the oh #2 in the toilet, not sure if this act will stick with him. Somehow I caught him in the act and rushed him to the bathroom and he went, so I guess we will see how it goes! Tristan, is growing like a weed and his vocabulary amazes me everyday. Terry has been working hard as usual and is waiting for his day off on the 13th..me to! And me well I have been keeping my house clean, yes you can fall on the floor mom..my house is clean!! Now I can't say the same for the laundry! :) Later Tators!!

14 comments:

harassedmomsramblings said...

Well done Preston ;) Thats super cool!!!

And lets hope the no 2 keeps ending up in the toilet ;-p

My kids are still at the wanting to help stage but my oldest is already loosing interest!

wilbau said...

Hi Princess!

Really such a nice article you write about your kids and your family. They can be happy to have such a mother. My children are already grown up in their 20ies and 30ies and the other week my fourth grandson was born.
Sooo ...
I wish your kids, your family all the blessings you need.

Mummy said...

What a wonderfully positive blog! YAY!! I'm so glad things are going so well for ALL of you! Fantastic!

Susie said...

Looks like you have a great well-adjusted group of kids...even if they refuse to clean:-) Hee, hee, hee.

CailinMarie said...

ah, nice update on kiddos! EXCELLENT on the academics! yay kids! So exciting - science rocks - best subject on the planet. And big boy using potty - isn't that just the best
if you ever figure the cleaning thing out send me your tips ;)

Nina said...

Those pictures are so cute. You are right the young ones love to help with the chores. Luke is always helping me sweep, wash windows and dust. I think he likes to spray the stuff but he wipes up also so it's all good.

iceah said...

aahhh... i love your kids c: love the way you photo shoot them c: yeah clean house! huh! tiring is it?! c:

yeah! congratulations!!! that's an achievement for a parent, i know c: makes mommy proud c:

Zen Ventures said...

Hey hey! Is this what I'm to look forward to with my daughter? aw bummer! she is so good helping out!:) Anyway, I noticed that you stole Dr. who's booth! NOOO!!! we love Dr. who. My daughter is so into it too. Yikes! so why Alaska? I dunno where we'll move to...I'll probably go to greenwich just for the heck of it! lol!

AngieSS said...

Teens? My kids found out that cleaning was work by the time they were 7! I can't even bribe them.

Kudos on the clean house, btw. I should be cleaning right now, but I'd much rather be reading your blog! :^)

Brittany said...

Wait....helping mommy clean is only a temporary phase!?!?!?!

Teri said...

I just found your blog. I like your profile. I'm interested in the veggie lifestyle, too, but can't really convince my hubby to go along. And he's the main cook in the house, so it's a bit difficult. :-)

Your kids are adorable. My kids are all teens now, too. Yeah, the chores thing is a constant pain. I tack allowance onto it. Generally works. Generally.

Tiffiney said...

Thank you all for your comments! We tried giving them money weekly..still does not work...lol..kids, just have to say NO TV and that helps them get cleaning a little..lol

chubskulit said...

Based from your story, i will anticipate now that my daughter won't love doing the household chores anymore when she reach teen age lol... Right now, I am enjoying her company because she love to do everything that I do...

Tiffiney said...

Chubs..it is something about those teen years...I wish they would help more...and be happy..now I just make them and they are angry while cleaning..lol..oh well...