My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Detention on a Saturday? What?

Okay, so the other day while I was in driving school...yes driving school, had to go for a stupid speeding ticket, and I have to say I did quite well..and hey I passed the final exam..so yea for me!!! Anyway, so during some of the videos I had time to do nothing..haha...so me being the loser I am decided to start adding to my list of what to blog about....ok really stop laughing...lol....what a loser right?...like I do not have anything else in the world to make a list about. Like maybe groceries, what to get the kids for Christmas, my plan on how to get my house cleaned by snapping my fingers...I mean come on...list of things to blog???? So today I am breaking out this list and closing my eyes and picking a subject....soooooo.......tick tock tick tock....it is going to be on....Oh here's one...on my driving school... ;)
So this past Saturday I got up after nooooo sleep, my loving husband snored loudly allllll night!! My 19 month old tossed and tumbled (in our bed :( ) and my three year old up woke up in the middle of the night yelling "MOMMY...come sleep with me". So after getting him back to sleep, I went back to bed to listen to my hubby snore the rest of the night away. Okay, so I get up at 7am that is just way to darn early! Get dressed and go. Now the driving class is at a school here in town, a kids private school. Yes, school on a Saturday, total detention..sounds like Breakfast Club doesn't it? Well, maybe not, but it would have been nice to have been running down halls, eating sushi, and finding myself all within eight hours...but none of that happened...So where was I? Oh yes, class gets started and I get bored I started fantasying about all kinds of things..get bored with my fantasies so I started to write my list of blogs, all while freezing my bum off cause the principal of the school is there and keeps turning off the heat...What the??? it's freezing man!! To make a terribly boring story short..the class was long and all I kept thinking was what a waste of a Saturday!!! But it was worth going through the class for no points on my record and no insurance hike!! So there was my boring Saturday. But I have to say I would do it again..cause when I got home my house was sooooo clean!!! My husband and children cleaned the whole house, did laundry and then my husband cooked dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So worth being stuck in class all day!!! Sadly there was no getting high and dancing like a crazy person (Another Breakfast Club flashback). Which I should tell you is one of my all time favorite movies...I'm such an 80's geek!! To see Trivia on the Breakfast Club http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088847/trivia

On the family side: Thought I would show off some projects that my kids worked in the past weeks...The first one is my sons project on the Layers of the Earth. We bought a Christmas ornament that opens up, from the thrift store and painted it blue and then added the earth in green. He used play dough to do the layers and then labeled the layers. He also had to write a short summary along with the project. The second one is my daughter's project on the Nile and the fertile lands around it. This is a project from our new curriculum we just started. It shows how the Nile spills over and waters the ground around it keeping the land fertile. It is made from a box from around the house lined with plastic wrap and aluminum foil to prevent leakage. Then you make the Nile out of the dough you can bake, I wrapped the outer part in aluminum foil to prevent leakage. The she added the potting soil for the fertile ground, the sand for the desert, and she planted chive seeds to see if they will grow. We filled the Nile with water and watched it water the grounds...Pretty cool....the other things you see are a pyramid and a statue. :)

Not sure If I will have time to write out another post this week. Since we are trying to get the house cleaned up and get packed for a visit to my moms for Turkey Day...yeaaaaa!!!! So excited to gain that 5 pounds..lolol...I am off to visit as many blogs as I can fit in for now...Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!!! :)


Later Tators!!


21 comments:

Nina said...

I love the breakfast club movie!!! It is a clasic.
Funny your child yells for you to sleep with them. My 5 year old calls for me in the middle of the night to scratch his back. Like I don't get up enough with the other one but he wants his back scratched at 3 AM. Agh...

Sounds like traffic school was so worth the house cleaning. I would have been shocked by that. Of course my hubby would never do such a thing so I don't have to worry about the shock factor.

I make list of my blog ideas also, I am always worried I will run out of something to blog about. To my surprise that has not happened yet. LOL...

Enjoy your Thanks Giving!!!

Rachael said...

Okay...now I have to go watch "The Breakfast Club" again! That is truly one of my favorites and really you are never too old to watch it, right? I love your post.....so funny! Lucky you on that housecleaning : )

Texas Mom said...

I LOVED your kids projects. Cool idea on using that ornament on making the earth. What a fun idea!

Have a fun and safe Happy Thanksgiving!!!

PS) My hubby cleans and cooks whenever I'm not home too. Soooo, I have NO problem taking off for the day! ;-)

Lapa37 said...

I just posted about my daughters project and come here to see you did the same.lol Love the kids projects very nice I hope they get A's. Great job on passing the traffic school final awesome job thumbs up to you for that. Hope you have a great time at your moms on turkey day.HAPPY THANKSGIVING....

hippos toes said...

Love, love The Breakfast Club. That sure brought back memories.

Zen Ventures said...

you bad girl! lol! I hope I don't get one of them tickets! Well, I hope you all have fun Thanksgiving day with your Moms'. Happy Thanksgiving!

Susie said...

I am such a product of the 80's!!! I LOVED the Breakfast Club! Very cool:-)

Have a good trip and a Happy Thanksgiving:-)

jules said...

Imagine if you had smoked up and danced on the desks during class??

They probably would have let you teach it!!! Bonus points!!

"have you been smoking something maam?"

"why? what do you need officer?"

Christie-A Work In Progress said...

Have a happy thanksgiving to my fellow 80's geek!

Jennifer said...

I have a whole little book I write down my blog ideas in! Sometimes they are so fleeting, I would forget about it if it wasn't written down! So there!

Liberal I am. Bona fide I be. said...

1. I have had to take one of those tests! I HATED every stinkin' slow minute of it. Ugh.
2. I am part of a "bloggers unite" group on blog catalog, and that is a good way to have something to blog about; and it is for a cause. The next blog is for AIDS awareness and you have to do it before the 1st.


Great blog hun!! :)

Peace, love, happiness, and all that requires helium. :)

Connie said...

That is one of my favorite movies of all time!

Great idea for blog ideas!

chubskulit said...

love your daughter's project hehehe.. It gave me ideas to do with my daughter hehehe.. Thanks for sharing Tiff..

misty said...

Indeed a lucky boring day hehehe.. what a nice surpirse for ya.. Do you wish, its like that everyday hahaha..

joops said...

Your son's project looks awesome!

Lian said...

I'm impressed with your kid's projects. My 5 year old still climbs into my bed. Funny how he manages to kick the baby out first. BTW, I've made a list of christmas gifts ideas for kids. Hope you can check it out:
http://happychristmasgifts.blogspot.com/2008/11/great-christmas-gifts-ideas-for-kids.html

krissy said...

This made me laugh so hard. The Breakfast Club was awesome! Such a funny correlation.

Sometimes I have way too many things to blog about, but I like lists a lot!

Amy Boyack said...

I love the breakfast club. Thanks for the funny recap. It's so nice when hubbie and kids do the mommy stuff for a day. Definitely worth it.

Julie said...

I love breakfast club too.

Tiffiney said...

Thank you all for your comments!! I sooo love the Breakfast Club..and it looks like I am not alone...ahhhh the 80's...lol..

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

you are funny ;)