My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Do you wax, highlight or just leave it alone?

Okay, so you may have guest I am talking about the dreaded girl mustache! Okay, so really no I do not have to much of one. My husband says he can't even see it. But me I can, I look really close in that mirror in my bathroom and there it is, glimmering in the florescent light. Errr it just irks me..Yes, I do know that women always see things on their bodies worse then anyone else in the world...but we are women..we are critical..lol...so I have been highlighting this thing for years and I am on edge about waxing. My question if you wax, when the hair starts to come back...does it grow prickly like a guys? Cause I do not even want to start looking like a man. I am woman hear me roar...not see me grow a mustache!!! Okay, some of you may be laughing right about now thinking what a total loser not knowing the deal on this by the ripe age of 34..but truly I do not...BTW yes that is my body in the pic..just not my head..lolololol...so wish.....Anyway, I would really love to know which method is best for your stache or if you have tried all..which one did you like best?

On the family side: My mother came up this past weekend and we had a great time! Friday we hung out, chatted and watched a movie. On Saturday Mom, Kiersten and Me went Christmas shopping and got lots of gifts for my two youngest. With Kiersten being with us I could not do shopping for my older two...yet...then we hung out and watched movies that night, while my hubby and Preston went to play Hero Clicks. Mom left on Sunday and after her leaving we just hung out and lounged..hey the house was clean...so why not just to do nothing!! Hubby and I took the kids to see Santa on Monday. Yes, I know Santa before Thanksgiving? But while shopping on Sat. I saw him at the mall, and decided to be smart this year and beat the long flippin lines!! And you know what...when we went to see him, we were the only ones! It was soooo nice, the kids got to just sit and relax and chat with Santa..the babies of course wanted nothing to do with him. We all posed for a picture with Santa because the babies would not leave our arms...lol...He was a really nice man! Every time we passed him he chatted with us. He was soooo bored and was ready to see some kids!! So get out and see him, before the lines get long! We will do no other Christmas stuff (besides shop) until after turkey day, cause usually I do one holiday at a time...but to save myself time seeing the fat man in the red suit before Thanksgiving will be our tradition now... ;) Started a new home school curriculum this week, we are using A World of Adventure..so far we love it!! There has been a little sickness running around the household and I have just not felt like being online this week. I get like this sometimes, just needed a break from the computer! Okay, so that was a long and drawn out on what has been going on around here..what have you been up to? Waxing a stache? ;)
Later Tators!!BTW the pic is not the greatest..the two on the end are not smiling, even though on most of the tries hubby was smiling..this is the pic where everyone was actually looking straight ahead!! :)

26 comments:

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Family pictures are so much fun, but it looks great.

I personally wax the stache and have not really noticed that it comes back more manly. I guess that since I have been doing it for so long that it really is not that bad. Good luck though.

Lapa37 said...

I don't wax anything I am so not into pain and it looks like it really really hurts to just yank the hair out.Plus I am lucky enough to not have a stache YET... I am Italian so it is coming one day I'm sure.lol I have a tag for you over at my place when you get the time stop by and grab it.

hippos toes said...

The only waxing I've had are the eyebrows. What great pics. We're taking little guy to see Santa this weekend too. His first Santa visit. Should be fun :)

Rachael said...

I use Sally Hansen hair remover. My sister-in-law is my mustache alarm...the one who will look at me and say "okay...we need to do something about your mustache." I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks though so I am beginning to wonder what it looks like. Also, a great trick for the stray hairs on your upper lip, is to pull down the mirror in your car, grab a pair of tweezers, and pluck away. Something about the lighting makes all the hairs stand out. Of course you can't do this when you are driving, so you get some weird looks when you are stopped at a light. Beauty is pain!

Susie said...

I don't have one yet. I am not sure what I will do when I start to grow one:-(

krissy said...

Ok, so now I feel like a dork, but I am also an electrologist. So, if you want, I wonder if I should make a post on my blog about that upper lip thing. It would probably take too much space for just a comment.

Also, I love your pictures, they are awesome. Your family is beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Nina said...

I have waxed before but didn't like it. I am like you and just have that little bit that my husband says isn't even their but I see it. So I just take his razor on occasion and run it across and then it is gone for a while.

Love the Santa photo and that is such a good suggestion for avoiding the lines. Last year we went to the YMCA and had breakfast with Santa. That was great but we still had to wait in line their also. I so hate waiting in lines.

iceah said...

so you were really busy but you had fun c: i miss my mom but we'll be meeting and spending our Christmas with them c: haven't done my shopping for my little boy and hubby but this coming 30th I'll be doing that c:

Texas Mom said...

Great family picture!!

I'm like Rachael, I pull down the car mirror and pluck and I HAVE caught a few weird looks!!

harassedmomsramblings said...

That pic is so cool :)

I dont do anything to my facial hair - I have never noticed it!

American in Norway said...

I love that you all did the picture together...I can imagine trying to get my hubby to sit in... NOT.

The hypnosis tape /download I found at www.audible.com
& it is called Lose Weight byt Glenn Harrold... I am loving it!

Laura said...

Not sure if this is true but I have heard that waxing will cause it to come back thinner and softer...I pluck...seems with age the wild hairs pop up more :(

Great X-mas pic...I could never get us all in one place so kudos to you for that accomplishment!

Connie said...

Love the family picture!

I don't have the need to wax....and I hope I never do. I have a deal with my sister that when we are in the nursing home, we will tell each other if we ever start to grow hair in odd places.

Gale said...

You are adorable. I need a good hippie, vegetarian friend...ha ha. I just love people who do their own thing and are unique. Thanks for your comment. I was reading in your profile about being chemical free...that is sooo me right now. I am trying to get rid of all my cleaners with chemicals, same with my makeup and moisturizers. I need to read back in your blog and see if you have any good suggestions.

Kitty said...

rip it off baby! I am - sadly - a bit hairy (okay my mother said I looked like a monkey when I was born) and so for me waxing works best. Since I have sensitive skin I only wax and don't use all the other stuff that is "like" wax. It takes 2 to 3 weeks to come back and it comes in slowly and more thinly than it went out... I'd rather go have it done than do it at home because it is faster and I don't have to deal with the mess.

Kitty said...

P.S. to Gail - I am an Arbonne enthusiast. My friend sells it and it is vegan, botanically based and works for her crazy skin which is worse than mine.

BellyDance Girl said...

that's a great pic of your family and Santa. Glad you had a good time with your mom again. a
s for the mustache - i heard that if you shave it it will come back thicker, if you continue waxing it it will stop the growth. But honestly, I really don't know. Go to www.santaclauslive.com to see webcams and live streams (in Dec.) to see the real Santa in action! I visit that site every year.

iceah said...

hahaha c: maybe the little ones are suppose to be at Santa's lap c: looks ridiculous hehehe c: how many takes? hehehe c:

Christie-A Work In Progress said...

I left mine alone until my wedding day...now I wax. Painful as it is, it is the best decision I made.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I don't have hair on my upper lip (or nothing significant) but I'd managed to inherit the dreaded chin hair (from my Italian side). I always just plucked it out (which is like waxing really). And I recently started having laser hair removal so I could lose this annoying maintenance issue altogether. My dermotologist told me that plucking and waxing can sometimes stimulate hair growth which would make the problem even worse. He said it's best to just "clip" it with scissors or shave (the latter being something that most women would refuse to do based on principle!) Bleaching works for some people - but it never did for me. I could talk about facial hair forever. Just like women talk about weight and their birth stories. I just never tire of it...

Oh - and the keyword verification sums up my feelings on the issue rather well: "curse"

BPOTW said...

I have never waxed for fear of regrowth. I, like you, can see the hair there. I don't know if anyone else can. But I'm too afraid to mess with it for fear of it coming back darker and thicker!

Tiffiney said...

Thank you ladies for all your advice and your funny comments!!!!! I think since my really is not that bad...I will just make myself feel better and still highlight..lol...

Gombojav Tribe said...

No, it won't come in thicker if you wax. Waxing rips it out by the roots (that sounds so brutal doesn't it?!) whereas shaving just takes off the surface. So, if you shave, yes, expect it to be prickly like a man's. But if you wax it will come back in as soft as before and before too long with thin out. The more you pluck/wax eventually the root just dies altogether--or so I'm told. :-)

Real Tech Mom said...

The best wax is the Sally Bikini wax (it's hard wax) it is so fantastic. All you do is heat it up. Put the epilating oil on, and wait tell it cools, then you just rip the wax, no messy strips of cotton or cloth... it's FAN FREAKING TASTIC. Oh and i have a blond mustash and when it gets too unruly (ie, I notice it when i pluck my eyebrows) then off it comes with the wax LOL It doesn't grow back prickly at all, i find that when you wax, nothing comes back as prickly.

Tiffiney said...

Thanks again for the comments and advice!!!

Real Tech Mom I went to your profile and I did not see a blog...hope you visit more and get a blog soon... :)

Suburbia Steph said...

The the things we see on ourselves!! Men never seem to notice anything else, I highly doubt they'd see some hairs on our lip....that is, unless you've got a 'stache like Tom Sellec or Burt Reynolds. No one else probably notices either, but I sure as hell do - but usually only when I'm looking in my 5X magnifying mirror with bright lights.

Anyway, I prefer the cream removal method.