My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Girlfriends Poem and Awards!




Thank you to Iceah from Wow Legs for this Poem Tag on Girlfriends!
I want to share it to my lovely friends as well! This is dedicated to all of my blogging friends out there!!


When I was little,
I used to believe in the concept of one best friend,
And then I started to become a woman.
And then I found out that if you allow your heart to open up,
God would show you the best in many friends.


One friend is needed when you're going through things with your man.
Another friend is needed when you're going through things with your mom.
Another will sit beside you in the bleachers as you delight in your children and their activities.
Another when you want to shop, share, heal, hurt, joke, or just be.
One friend will say, 'Let's cry together,'
Another, 'Let's fight together,'
Another, 'Let's walk away together.'


One friend will meet your spiritual need,
Another your shoe fetish,
Another your love for movies,
Another will be with you in your season of confusion,
Another will be your clarifier, Another the wind beneath your wings.


It may all be wrapped up in one woman, But for many, it's wrapped up in several...
One from 7th grade,
One from high school,
Several from the college years,
a couple from old jobs,
On some days your mother,
On some days your neighbor,
On others, your sisters,
And on some days, your daughters.


So whether they've been your friend for 20 minutes or 20 years,
AND ONLY IF YOU'D LIKE TO,
Pass this on to the women who has a place in your life/lives.....



*************************************************************************************

It is that time again...award time....I have been very lucky and have received allot of awards over the past two weeks or so..so I am going to list them all and pick a few people this time...If I missed any awards..do let me know!! Thank you to all my blogging friends!!

The first two are from Rose's Obstacles and Glories

The next three are from Susie's Homemade


The last award I got from both Susie's Homemade and Life in the Lapadula House

I am passing one, two, or all the above to some of my wonderful bloggin buds...Like always I am trying to award everyone I follow and who leave me comments..so here is my on going list of some wonderful blogs! Make sure to check them all out! :)

A Mummy's Meanderings
Middle Life
A Hippie Liberal Mom Chronicle. No Slack Intended
A Slice of Texas
Happily-Ever-After-Land
Kitty's Social Commentary and General Snark
Blooming in Boulder County
Journey2Learn
Best Post of the Week
American in Norway

These are in no particular order! If you area a follower or a comment leaver and you have not seen yourself yet getting an award from me..you will soon!!
Later Tators!

13 comments:

Susie said...

Congratulations on all your awards:-)

Melyssa R
Boulder County, CO
said...

LOVE that poem and congrats on all your awards!

Mummy said...

Congrats on all the awards and thank you!!! :o)

Lapa37 said...

Congrats on the wonderful awards you deserve them.Have fun with your mom and a great weekend.

Christie-A Work In Progress said...

These were cute! Congrats on more kudos!

Texas Mom said...

Congrats and thanks for the mention!

iceah said...

thanx for posting this poem dear c: i loove this poem c: although we both don't look like the pics that go with it hehehe c: hope i could post the awards you gave me way back when ever that was hehehe c:

Laura said...

Great poem! And so true...thank for the blog mention.

chubskulit said...

checkin out what's new Tiff.. Hope you guys are doing fine...

joops said...

Love those robusts cartoons hehehe... Nice collection of awards you got here..

misty said...

Hi Tiff, got some more awards for ya!

Tiffiney said...

Thank you all for leaving comments!! I love them so...you will see me on your blogs soon! :)

girlienuqui said...

The poem was very heartfelt. It is true, friends serve different purposes in our lives. I have a friend whom I call to laugh with while there's another one that I reach out to when I'm having problems.