My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Never Stop Chasing Rainbows!

Back when I was a single mom with two kids, we for some reason loved getting in the car and just driving around. Not sure why, guess it was because my kids would fall asleep and this gave me time to listen to music and just think things through. Not to mention find tons of awesome back roads and shortcuts :) One day on one of our long drives it started raining, and we kept driving. We drove and drove and then when we started for home, there it was a big beautiful rainbow! The kids were awake by this time and wanted to see where the rainbow ended, they wanted that pot of gold. So I figured what the hay...we will chase this rainbow today, so off we drove to find the end of the rainbow before it disappeared into never never land again. We drove down all sorts of roads looking out our windows the kids yelling it is over there go mom, turn here! We chased that rainbow for long while and the funny thing is...it ended in the forest behind our house! So we stopped to check the mail at the end of our drive and there it was..a letter promoting some car sale..but attached to it was a Gold Coin :) Can you see the excitement on my kids faces when I showed them the gold coin..What a day....We chased our rainbow and found our gold...and along the way our smiles! True story!! So the point to this post...Never stop chasing rainbows....the pot of gold...is the smiles and laughter that will live in your memories forever! :)
(in picture: me and my two oldest about the same time and age we chased our rainbow)

“We may run, walk, stumble, drive, or fly, but let us never lost sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way.”

The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work.”

Later Tators!

BTW you will not see me on much till next week! My mother is coming up for a visit tomorrow and staying the weekend!!! All of you have a wonderful weekend!! See you next week! :)

19 comments:

Susie said...

What a cool post!! I love that idea and what a thrill for your kids:-)

Nina said...

That was great. I can just picture there little smiles. I love the faces the kids make and the aww they have over little things like that. I wish as adults we could aww at the little things.

Thanks for the advice and it is nice to know I am not the only one. I agree if this child had been my first he would definantly been my last. :)

Texas Mom said...

You are such a cool mom. And yes, that pot of Gold was all about memories. Your kids will always remember you and appreciate you for it.

Helen

Lapa37 said...

Awesome story I bet the kids were so excited to see that golden coin.

harassedmomsramblings said...

AWESOME!!!! TOTALLY AWESOME!!

Must say driving calms me so when things are tense at home I put the kids in the car and we drive until I calm down!

This is a very inspiring post!

chubskulit said...

You're right, this is like chasing your dream. If you stop pursuing it, you will never achieve what you are aiming for..

I never done that before but hope to do it with my family too.. Must be fun chasing the reainbow...

misty said...

Lovely experience to reminisce...

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I loved that. What a great mom you are to do that with the kids. I love those moments of having nothing planned and then something truly memorable happens.

Have a great weekend with your mom.

iceah said...

have a great weekend dear say hi to your mom for me and a big hug too for loving you c: your pic looks lovely as always and thanx for the encouragement of this post c: it made me smile c:

BPOTW said...

My mom did that with us one time!!! It was fun. There wasn't gold waiting in our mailbox though... :)

Liberal I am. Bona fide I be. said...

Oh wow what a wonderful post! Awesome mom you are. :)

Peace and love--

Christina

krissy said...

That's an amazing story, and filled with amazing pictures! Great post!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I LOVE this. I'm sending it to a few friends that I think will enjoy it. What a great story. I love stories that sound like something you made up. Magical.

amy turn sharp of doobleh-vay said...

i lov eyou- found you through Kate ( big piece of cake) love it here! swoon! xo

Zen Ventures said...

I'll take your word for it! :) I'll chase my rainbows even if it brings me to never land he he. Btw, I hope your hubby gets his citizenship soon too. How long has he been in the US? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help (eventho not much) Lol!

Lee the MWOB Queen said...

Right on with that post...I'm gonna start checking back in with your scene more often...you have a good vibe here.

Zen Ventures said...

hey just dropping by to say hi!

Tiffiney said...

Thank you all for your comments...It was a wonderful day and both of my kids still remember it....they bring it up from time to time...Love that! :)

Tami said...

Tiff - I just absolutely loved this post. You astound me everytime I read your blogs and they help me see the big picture. I miss you so much and wish we were still just a few minutes apart. I love and miss you.
Tami