My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Boxes For Christmas?

I was trying to figure out what else to get the two little ones for Christmas this year. And I went in to check on the boys and this is what I saw...

And then I glanced over and saw this!

Is there something wrong with this picture? :)

So I have come to the conclusion that I really should just buy boxes this year! All sorts of boxes..why buy toys when a box is soooo much more fun! I mean really, think of the money you will save!! There is no loud noise, no fighting on who plays with what, no batteries to buy! I mean really you cannot go wrong! They come in all different sizes and colors. You can group them together and make a playhouse, or just play with one. Think of the fun your child will have with his/her box or boxes! Hours and hours of imagination working at its best! Here are a few pictures of joy you have to look forward to when you get your child that special box!
So there is Tiff's Christmas Tip of the day!! lol...okay so I am kidding...my kids will not just get boxes....but I am sure they will be playing in the Christmas ones! I will besure to take pics..haha :)

Of the family side: I am leaving tomorrow to go to NC to my mom's all by myself! Yes, that is right! No kids! No husband! Just me!!!! For the first time in a verrrrrryyyyy long time!! Mom and I are hitting the shops and I do believe my sister in law Amanda may come with us. We are going to shop shop shop and get Christmas all done. Then we are going to go out to eat, and I do not have to worry about any kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo excited....can you tell I do not get out much...lol....Hubby is staying home with all the kids...Love you hunny!! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :) BTW thank you all that have given me awards!! I will try to get those up next week! :)
Later Tators!

25 comments:

Kaleena said...

That's great! It would be even better if everyone thought it was ok to do that!

Lapa37 said...

Good for you getting some alone time I hope you have a good time.

Susie said...

My husband allows complains that we should just buy the box:-)

Lian said...

I so agree with you on the boxes. Oh, it sounds like you have a wonderful shopping plan. Have fun!

krissy said...

Your pictures are too cute. Kids love boxes! I always just remind mine not to ever play in them in the driveway or street. (I'm a little paranoid)

Nina said...

I seem to remember loving the boxes when I was a kid also. We use to get the big refrigerator ones and play all day in them. My boys also love boxes. The oldest one tends to cut lots of holes until their is nothing left but he enjoys it.

Have a great shopping trip. It sounds so fun. I was supposed to do my alone time shopping today but my week was messed up so I shopped with the baby on Wednesday. Got it done so that is all that really matters.

Misty said...

AMEN!!! I still haven't bought any christmas gifts for my girls... boxes!!! I almost forgot about boxes!!! :) Nice to meet you.

Abi said...

Your blog is beautiful, what a gorgeous picture at the top :)

I am a bad mummy... I got our youngest (11 months) a big massive box for christmas with a few small toys at the bottom, then wrapped it up so she will be able to poke straight through the wrapping and get inside.... I know she'll like the box more than the toys! They always do!

My favourite Christmas pastime is watching Granny and Grandad's faces fall as the kids chuck the toys in the corner and play with the boxes for 3 hours :D

Christie-A Work In Progress said...

Makes you wonder why we even shop at all! Too cute...my little ones love packaging too. My mom says that we did also.

Zen Ventures said...

Ya know what, I think boxes are the best option for gifts! Cheaper and you can even get them free :) Sometimes I wonder if our kids were born with Cats' genes with them. What's with boxes and kids huh?

Jenners said...

Visiting from BPOTW...

That is so true ... boxes are the best toys...the bigger the better!

Reminds me of Easter when my son was more entranced with the Easter grass at the bottom of the basket and could have cared less about the actual stuff in the basket. He still asks to buy Easter grass as a toy!!!

Texas Mom said...

One of the best gifts my mom ever gave me was converting box into a Barbie house, decorated with wallpaper, crocheted rugs, handmade curtains (cut out windows) WOW!!

So much you can do with boxes!

PS) Thanks for that link on hair care with STEVIA. I took a look and it even says this shampoo will even help reduce gray hair... hmmmm... You know me, I'm a shampoo fanatic!!

chubskulit said...

Shop till you drop Tiff hehehe...

joops said...

our kids always do that too or they use the laundry basket lol..

misty said...

have fun shopping!

Connie Weiss said...

Seriously! My kids currently only play with my old pots and pans, some boxes and a box of Kleenex.

Why buy toys?????

Mimi said...

That's so funny! My kids love boxes too. I am thinking about painting some into things like a stove or car for them to play with!

Brittany said...

Ahhh...I have a playroom of dusty toys, and a living room of used boxes.

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Tiffiney,

I'm an academic physician (formerly at Harvard and Stanford) who found your blog while looking for the best health writers. I think your writing is great! I would like to feature you in the Parenting Community on Wellsphere, a top 10 health website that has well over 2 million visitors monthly.

If you would like to learn more, just drop me an email to Dr.Rutledge@wellsphere.com

"The Queen in Residence" said...

They never outgrow tne love of playing in boxes!!! So much fun.

Have a great weekend shopping with your Mom. What a great time you will have.

iceah said...

wow! happy for you c: whenever i have a time like leaving the house on my own I suddenly miss my little one I don't enjoy much when I'm alone c:

but sometimes we really need this time for our own leisure c:have an enjoyable trip deary c:

looks like you do have a pile of awards ey and a tag question from me c:

my son loves boxes too even the small ones wherein he can place little bits of toys and cards c:

Kitty said...

have fun on your weekend away!!! how great! I live close to my mom so my kids see her a lot and have special days with her, but I never do. I am jealous.
Boxes are a fabulous idea!

Midwest Mom said...

When my (now 5 yr old) son was 3, we had just purchased a new dishwasher. Santa brought him about 10 play hats and wrapped them in that huge box. The only thing better than pretending he was a pirate or cowboy or viking was to have his own ship or fort (the box) to play in! :)

Hope you have fun out in the big world on your own. It sounds like "mom recess".
-MM

Tiffiney said...

Hi all Thank you for your comments..glad to see I am not the only one who lets my kids play in boxes!! And yes I had a wonderful time alone..the break was needed... :)

Suburbia Steph said...

That totally figures, doesn't it? My kids took a bunch of boxes not too long ago and made what they called "shanty town"....LOL!