My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Signs You Taught Your Children Well

This post is dedicated to all the parents out there that have been trying to teach your children to do things the right way! How do you know you have taught your children well? By the little things you see or hear them do and say. Now what brought this post on you may ask. Well, last night my husband calls me into the bathroom and this is what I saw....
My 3 year old Tristan had to well have is BM for the day and he went alone, and for the first time in his history wiped his own bum. And did not even tell us...but the signs were pretty clear that he was there! I was so proud! Cept I did tell him, he does not need to wrap the seat with toilet paper when at home!!! LOL....He has seen me do this many times in the public restrooms before placing him on the seat! So this is a question for all of you, In public restrooms do you hover? Or do you wrap the toilet in toilet paper before sitting on the thrown? Me I do the first choice :) But for a 3 year old..the second choice is easier!

As for my 13 year old daughter Kiersten, I see the things I have taught her everyday. She acts like a second mommy around this house. Always helping her little brothers and even just the other day...she started vacuuming without me having to ask her!!!! Now that my friends is a huge deal!!!!! :)

Now my 20 month old Sebastian, well he is still young but he does pick up trash even if he tries to eat it he gets us moving to get it! And if a water bottle is laying around he will surly bring it to you, cause he wants to drink it! But hey his job is to get us motivated to clean! He supervises really well! ;)



Onward to what I saw just this morning! My 10 year old Preston walking into school, and what does he do? He holds the door open for the girl behind him so she can go in first! Now that is being a gentleman ladies....



I am proud everyday of my kids but this is an extra special...Ahhhhh I feel so proud today! :0)

What have you seen in your kids to know you are teaching them well? :)

On the family side: Christmas is coming fast! I pretty much got done with my shopping this past weekend when I went to NC to shop with my mom! We had a great time! It was really nice to just get away. Cept, I could not sleep for the life of me. Missed my hubby's snoring and my kids keeping me up at night. Can you believe that!!! This coming weekend my dad and step-mom are coming up. We usually have our Christmas early with them, because everyone is so busy this time of year. So on Saturday or Sunday they will be up and we will enjoy our Christmas together, the kids are excited to spend some time with them and of course open some gifts. I am not sure if I will have time to post or make comments on your blogs next week, I will try. But I will be out of town some and of course it is Christmas so if I do it will be a short one! To all you have a great week, what is left of it and have an awesome weekend. To those that are not done shopping yet, Good Luck on your shopping adventures! :)
Again to those that have given me awards and tags! Thank you! I have been very busy like most of you this month, so I will not have a chance to post them at this time! But I wanted to say a huge Thank you to all that have given me the awards and tags! :)
Later Tators!

20 comments:

Lapa37 said...

You sure have taught them well great job. I am always hearing from my kids teachers that they are the most well mannered and well behaved kids at school.Who would have thunk it from the way they act at home...Hope you have a great weekend and a Happy and Safe Holiday season.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I too love it when you see the good that your kids do and you know that they did listen all those times that you tried to tell them something. It is one of those moments where being a mom is really and I mean really worth it.
Sounds like you will be extremely busy with family but enjoy the time. MErry Christmas to you - see you in the new year!!♥

Nina said...

I laughed at the toilet paper covered seat. I see my son Luke growing up more and more. He is so respectful to his elders. That I am thankful for.

I do the same thing when I am away. Perfect chance to get some real sleep and it just doesn't happen.

I wouldn't worry about the blogging thing next week. I am sure we will all be doing very little. I know I am going to be way to busy. I still need to finish my shopping.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Gale said...

The other day I was at the school when the principle saw me and asked to speak to me. I was sick to my stomach and wondered what one of my children had done. When in her office she said. "I want you to know what a good daughter you have raised. A new girl arrived today, she was being shown around the school and when they stopped at the cafeteria everyone was oblivious to her, your daughter jumped up immediately and went to her and introduced her to all the girls as the table and asked her to sit with them." She is very kind to others.

That made me happy!!

Mimi said...

That's so cute! I love that he put toliet paper on the seat!

chubskulit said...

hahahaha, good job Tiff.. My daughter is the same way... the problem im having is that sometimes she is unrolling the whole tissue wahhhhhhh...

chubskulit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
misty said...

good for you, i haven't done my shopping yet... we were suppose to got for athree day weekend shopping trip but our kids got sick so were stuck in here..

joops said...

good boy!

got some gifts for our lil' ones but i put them in the trunk first, if our daughter sees it, she 'll want to use it right away lol..

hippos toes said...

Love the toilet pic! It does the heart good to see them listening to mom (and dad), doesn't it? My little guy is only 2, but I can see the fun is just beginning! :) Just like little sponges.

Christie-A Work In Progress said...

That toilet picture is priceless! Good job!

iceah said...

ahhh...that's pretty nice really a proud mom you are c: yup! we should always see to it that they remember and yeah , am pretty proud myself seeing my little boy everyday practicing what I taught him c:

Have blessed and wonderful Christmas my dear enjoy it c:

iceah said...

wait before I forget, kisses and hugs to your lovely kids c: and Merry Christmas to all of you c:

Kitty said...

the picture of the toilet says it all! Unfortunately in my house all interesting toilet stories are not so much about doing things correctly. My 4th child had a habit around the age of two, she'd pull and entire roll of toilet paper and stuff it into the toilet, and then, get this, pull out the wet nasty pieces and stick them on the wall!!! {we always thought positive and hoped it was clean water!} My sister was in art school at the time and actually did a wall collage inspired by her crazy niece!!!

Susie said...

It is wonderful when you see evidence of yourself in your kid's lives. My daughter had her Christmas concert this past week and she bowed after every song. Something my mom says I did at that age:-)

Abi said...

Oh yes, well done! Mine are driving me quickly insane now the biggest is on holiday *blush*.

I hover, and wrap for them same as you :)

Merry Christmas!!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

A ten year old boy who holds the door open for "ladies" has unlimited potential. Well done mama!

Suburbia Steph said...

My 20 month old does the SAME thing with water bottles....funny!

And I'm a hover-er too!

Tiffiney said...

Thank you for your comments...It just makes you feel good to see when you have either taught your kids right or heck at least rubbed off on them some with our spectacular ways! lol :)

Vanessa said...

I love the toilet seat covered! That is too funny. My son scolded his grandfather for touching the door handle leaving a public restroom. My son then went on to explain, in his three-and-a-half-year-old logic that you have to use a paper towel to open the door. :)