My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Somewhere in time!

Sometimes I wonder what life would have really been like back over the years. Would I have really liked living in the 1700 or 1800's? Life seemed so romantic back in those days. Everyone spoke actual English and not slang. They wore prim and proper clothes and had lavish parties. But really was it that romantic? First off, I could not deal with slavery! And hum, no showers everyday, No deodorant, yuck. Sucking it in, in those corsets and maybe even dealing with lice. Does not sound to romantic does it? Okay, maybe that time period will have to live without me...oh wait it already did...I really would have loved to have wore a flapper dress in the 20's and danced the night away. And what about the 50's and their poodle dresses, and black and white shoes (oxford's) love those! Okay onward...the 60's and 70's hippie time! My mom always said I was born in the wrong era, sometimes I think she is right. But I do like the modern convinces of today. The 80's hey I was there..they were a blast, okay I was a kid..but Yes, I did have the leather pants and crazy hair style and loved Michael Jackson and wanted so terribly to ride my skate board while hanging on the back of a car, like Back to the Future! And oh the jelly shoes and jelly bracelets..boy did I have a million of those! But the 90's now those were my days! I was in high school and loving life! Boys! Boys! Boys! Grades? What grades? No it was all about guys, drugs, friends, and partying....those were the days...the days of large hair still here from the 80's, and yes I had the large hair and tons of make-up oh man did I were gobs of it! I dyed my hair every color under the sun...yes even jet black! Then BOOM it hit...1995! What, I'm pregnant? Wow, does that change your life in a flash. So yes, I had two babies in the 90's, got divorced, and had to grow up. But its all good, the 90's were awesome years! Onward to the millennium years crazy times...remarried, two more babies and moved to a new state. Style really does not matter these days, everything flies. Even old lady big hair...and wigs...bell bottoms, which yes I wear and love them! War still going on, what number is this again? Will we ever have peace? And the global warming, will the world end in 2012? Life has been crazy over the years past. Some I was there for and some...not even thought of..But I do have to say, over any time period. I like this one. Yea, it would be cool to visit the other periods, just to see how people really lived. Anyone have a time machine? In this time, we still have war and racism in the world, sadly but honestly I am not sure if those two things will ever NOT exist. But as for the convinces of this time, I mean come on air condition, heat, the toilet indoors, showers everyday, phones, T.V., and hey the computer which if I did not have...you would not be reading this blog! Really though...we are Free, free to do what we please for the most part. So yea, this time is right for me. What about you? What is your favorite time period?

On the family side: My step sis had here baby! Just a little about my step sis, she is married with 3 girls and her and hubby decided to have one more child to complete their family. And I am happy to announce for her last child, she had a little baby boy! I am so over the moon about this, no they were not having one more to have a boy, but that is what they got and I am ecstatic that she gets to have a whole new experience..specially in the changing diapers area!!! Love you girl! Other news, I went to court for child support and got that all taken care off...Should not have to go back to court for that for sometime now! My ex is going to give me sole legal custody of my 2 oldest kids which I am very happy with, so much easier for us to get through the borders when I have sole custody! Other then these things, not to much else has gone on. Just hanging around the house, not really wanting to be online. This has been a trend for a little while, trying to get my home organized and other things. Just have not really had the time to be on, or just not really feeling like being on. But, you will see me here and there on my blog so keep checking back. I will be visiting your blogs to, of course have to keep up with you all. OH yea, as for the sweets I have been doing okay. I am not going to lie. I have had some treats. I needed them...LOLOL...cutting out sweets I really think, has been the hardest addiction to break! :(
Later Tators!

22 comments:

Mummy said...

What a fabulous post - thanks for sharing!

Gombojav Tribe said...

I bet you'd like this video:

http://gombojav.blogspot.com/2007/07/how-times-change.html

:-)

Laura said...

It is the right time for me too!

Although I am convnced I was born for royalty so wouldnt have minded to live in the Victorian times - purely for the beautiful big dresses!

American in Norway said...

FUN post! Congrats on the new nephew & getting the child support..

chubskulit said...

Congrats on your sister!

Gombojav Tribe said...

I gave you a bloggy award!

Teri said...

I am so much into the modern technology of today. I can hardly wait to see what speedy techno stuff I can get my hands on in the future.

Texas Mom said...

Don't apologize for not being online much. Sometimes we have to focus on our families and get caught up with our house stuff.

Personally, I'm torn on what era I wish I were from. I DO love my modern conveniences, but I also hate the rat race.

Many, MANY times, I've wished I could look across the land and say it was ALL MINE. Now with imminent domain and other taxation issues, it's really hard to say a person owns anything. So, I think there's pros and cons for living today, and yesterday.

Journey2Learn said...

Great post...love the walk through time. I loved the 80's and 90's but so addicted to the technology of today and often wonder how different my life would have been if there were computers, and Internet, and cell phones when I was growing up...think a lot would have been different!

Stephanie said...

Tiffiney,

Glad to hear that you're getting your house organized! :) I'm trying to do the same here.

I'm not real sure what era I would like to be from....I'll have to think about that one for awhile. :)

Congrats to your sis! Jenn is a wonderful person! The pics I saw of the little guy were adorable.

Looking forward to your next update, when you feel like being online. Take Care!

Jenn said...

You've been tagged!

http://truetalesofaminivanmama.blogspot.com/2009/01/dare-to-dream-meme.html

Nina said...

I don't know when I would want to live... I think now is my time but then again I hate going to work everyday and not being at home with my kids so I could go back 30 years and then I would be home with my kids. Of course then I would be complaining that I should be working...LOL their is no pleasing me.

I am glad to here to sweets thing is working. I made like 4 dozen cookies last Saturday and I am so sick of cookies right now it isn't funny!!! I need some will power.

Amy Boyack said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing. It's so fun to get to know more about you.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

There are times that I too would love to visit, but only if I were rich and not the poor servant. But with my luck that would not happen. So I guess I will stick with where I am.....there is a reason for everything.

Susie said...

I think it would have been cool to be a mom in the 50's. June Cleaver and the whole nine yards:-)

Mimi said...

My mom always said that I was born at the wrong time too because I am so tender hearted. I would have been the one sticking daisies in the barrel of a rifle! And I would have loved to march for civil rights etc.

iceah said...

hi dear been awhile since we visited each other I really missed you girl c: this is an amazing post told me a long story of you c: amazing!!!
have you thought of talking to your 2 teen kids? how are they on all this? are they vocal of how they feel and think about? have you had a heart to heart talk just the 3 of you?
be praying for you all and hope all is well this year c:

Maricris said...

So funny this one. I have a post titled same way. Anyway, glad to hear that you'll have sole custody of the kids. That is great news!

~ Italian Bella ~ said...

Thank you for following my blog! Love this post by the way. I always believed I was born in the wrong era! And, I was so looking foward to my flying car in 2000, whatever happened to that?

Also, I've given you the Kreativ Blogger award on my blog: http://theitalianbelladiaries.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-first-blog-award.html

Baby Bags said...

I remember reading Victorian novels in school and thinking the same romantic thoughts for awhile. Then I realized, like you, that life really wasn't all that wonderful, especially for women! Loved reading your post, though! Made me laugh!

Civilla said...

I would choose the 50's (when I was born) up to the 90's (when I was raising my children. I have done two series you might be interested in: 1950's Housewives, and 1960's: Confessions of a Non-Hippie. They are under "labels" on my sidebar.

Interesting post. The thing I absolutely could not deal with is Not Bathing. Ugh. In the 50's, it was bad enough.

Ha-Ha! I have to type in "pregin".

kate spencer said...

My favorite time period...
today, because I won't exchange computer and internet on ink and feathers of before (imagine you'll write your posts on your blog through that lol). And technology has been doing great and continues to grow to make our lives more convenient.

You've been doing great in your blog, and congrats to your sister.

savemymarriage