My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Friday, January 9, 2009

What 35! How did that happen?

Yes, it is true. I turned 35 on Monday Jan. 5! And I have to admit, I do not really feel any older then I already did before. I am not going to worry about aging to much. If I start getting wrinkles and my hair turns gray well so be it...I do have four kids so I can see these things happening way before there time...LOL...but really can you stop the aging process? I guess you can if you have all sorts of surgery, which I am really not all for..(unless medically needed)I mean come on, you see the actors and famous people that have these surgeries to try to stay looking young..you can tell, and some just look way worse then they ever did! Nope I think I will age gracefully, well I hope at least..I really hope one day I don't creep out of bed and look in the mirror and say...Holy crap what happen to you? I guess with my aging gracefully it is time to start taking some measures. I really should be using lotion allot more then I do, and taking some vitamins and minerals. The biggest thing they say you can do for yourself to slow some of the aging process is to eat healthy and exercise. Well, heck glad those things are on my list of goals for 2009 ;) Anyway, so back to my birthday..what did we do for my bday? Whelp, my 13 year old babysat her brothers, and hubby and I went out to eat! Yes, we went out by ourselves..granted in this town you are 5 min from everything, so if our kids needed us we would be home in like 2 min...and there is not a huge selection of restaurants here..but hey we got out and ate breakfast for dinner and it was oh so yummy..and had conversation with no kids interrupting..I have to say...It was nice! We stopped on the way home and got the kids Mickie D's....and went home and they ate, and then we had cake! So there that was my my bday..Nothing to fancy, but hey I'm not a fancy person..so it suited me just fine :)

So what else has been going on you ask? Well, I almost had a heart attack the other day..and no this has nothing to do with aging..I opened my electric bill..and what do I see? A huge flippin bill....373.58 to be exact...can you believe this? Now I rent and we have been in this house for let's see...10 months now and our bill has never been this high..so yes I am in line for them to come check the meter...and I have gotten the landlord to check the hot water heater and whatever else may be causing such a high bill...so far everything is fine..the meter will be checked in a week or so, so I will keep you posted...but really I cannot afford an almost 400 light bill a month, we keep the thermostat around 70...and heck we have radiant heat...so we buy oil to...oh no...not happening!! Something must be done! Okay, just had to get that off my chest!

So on to our family New Year's resolutions....
Mine
1. Get in Shape (my poor bum and tummy need it)
2. Stop Cussing (yes I am ashamed, I do cuss...got to stop)
3. Go back to church
4. Move out of this town! (please...get me out)
5. Keep my house cleaner (I try, I really do....I will try harder)
6. Keep up with the laundry better! (LOLOLOLOL..yea right)
7. Stop being so darn lazy (this one is hard, I love to lounge)
8. Be a better teacher to my kids (in all area's specially house work..haha)
9. Stop eating so many sweets and eat healthier
10. Get organized
11.TRAVELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Hubby's
1.Try to get family out of this town
2.Look into grad school
3.Stop gaming (okay, so I added this one..haha)
Now did you see anywhere, help clean the house, wash clothes...yard work..be more loving anything???hum!


Kiersten's

1.Learn to play the piano (she got a huge keyboard for Christmas, so she will be taking lessons soon)
2.Get better at math
3.Pay more attention to my cat
4.Write a book ( she is working hard on this)
5.Stop being lazy (like her mom...haha)

Preston's
1. Read more (boy hates to read! we have to stay on him like flies on crap to get his reading done)
2.Work out (he's in training ladies..he is 10..and girl crazy..what am I to do?...lol)
3.Play a sport
4.Do my chores more (ha....would love for this one to happen)

Tristan's
1.Learn to read
2.Sleep in my bed every night (would love for this one to happen)
3.Clean my own room (yea right, he is way to smart..he gets everyone else to clean it)

Sebastian's
1.Stop driving mom crazy with all my crying (please....let this one happen..haha)
2.Learn to talk more
3.Get potty trained (this one will be tough...I just know this one will take a while)
4.Sleep in my own bed (please!!)

So there you have it...my family's goals for 2009..okay okay...I made up Tristan's and Sebastian's...but hey they are realistic goals..don't ya think? ;)

Catch you up to date on my sweet habit...it has been hard this week, but I have not eaten any sweets..besides a slice of my bday cake! I am not totally stopping sweets...just cutting way back! I am going to treat myself from time to time! My new found love is a banana with peanut butter down one side..It is oh so yummy! If you have any healthy treats you love, share them with me! I could use some new options! Hope everyone's New Year is a wonderful one!!
Later Tators!

17 comments:

Amy Boyack said...

Happy Birthday! I just turned 36 this year, so I know what you're going through. It's hard to get older. I don't feel old. I feel like I'm only 13, but I have bigger jobs to do. I love your family's resolutions. They're really cute.

Jana, Mom to Mr. Q and Miss E + 7 said...

Happy Birthday. I haven't commented on your blog yet. But I have been reading for a while.

35 for me was a breeze. 39 was a bit harder, I was pregnant, miserably, for the 5th time. Now at 40 I look in the mirror and see my Mom. Boooooooooooo

But I am trying my darnedest to do it gracefully.

Mummy said...

Happy Birthday! I loved reading all your new year's resolutions. I hope you all achieve them :)

iceah said...

hey! Blated Happy Birthday c: wow! been awhile since I visited sorry been so busy dropping EC's and with the house woooh!

wow, could you really write c: I don't have that much time in the computer my little boy wakes up and I'm done here. He does wants to play and asks for my attention. well hope your week went well c:

Susie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Great set of goal lists:-)

Texas Mom said...

((HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!))

That was a funny cartoon about the restaurant! LOL

My healthy alternative for desserts is lots of fruits. Pile on the grapes, berries, peaches, etc... and if I want it real desserty, I'll just add whipped cream. Buy the heavy whipping kind you whip yourself and you can add your own sweetener. I stopped using Splenda and now use Stevia (Sweetner) OR, add honey if you prefer.

Vanessa Rogers said...

Great new year resolutions. I just couldn't make myself make any this year. Maybe I will learn some Korean while I am over here.... hmmmm... yeah right.

Laura said...

Happy Belated Birthday...The Holy Crap What Happened hit me at 41 lol.

Love the Family Resolutions...guess my crowd should have done the same...well there is always next year.

Christie-A Work In Progress said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed the actual day! You know I love ya and will always get around to giving you come comment love! I hope you had a great day!

Laura said...

Happy belated birthday :)) You definately do not look 35!!

Well done on the sweets! I was doing exceptionally well - till I went back to work so I may have to break the vending machine!!!

Will try again next week!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I think that is why I never have made a new years resolution, I know that I will never make it past the first day. Good luck with yours....
I loved the last cartoon....so me.

Happy Birthday!!! I am creeping towards 40 and still cannot believe it, I always thought 40 was really old people....I just tell myself that 40 is the new 20.

hippos toes said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great day! I have to stop the sweets too but it's so hard!

Gombojav Tribe said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Love that comic at the end!

Nina said...

Oh my gosh... how did I miss this post??? Happy Birthday (a bit late)!!!

Your resolutions are great... I need to add the house cleaning one to my list. My poor house is crying anymore.

Your electric bill, I would have had a fit. Ours doubles in the winter months and I still don't know why. I gave up long ago trying to figure it out. All I can think of is the blower on the furnace cost a lot to run.

My husband needs that less gaming thing on his list. We got a Wii and him and Luke are gaming fools. They are driving me crazy with the games.

ryliej said...

Happy Birthday Tiff, sowi was a lil' late...

That's way too high hehehe..

OregonArtGuy said...

Hi:
It looks like I win - I just turned 57 on 1/13/09 - 35 seams like such a very long time ago... :-}

Tiffiney said...

THank you all for your comments and bday wishes!! :)