My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Should you really wear that?

First off I wanted to say, in no way am I poking fun at over weight people. I myself have some extra weight, this is all about how some people choose to dress!....so with that being said...The other day my family and I went out shopping and ended up at the mall. And what I saw over and over again just bothered me. Girls..Women in shirts that are just to small or rather to short and to tight pants. Yes, most of the girls where teens to early 20's showing their tummy's off to the world...and their flab...gross...if you are going to wear a short shirt and tight pants that shows your stomach...please to not have stretch marks or belly flab...no one needs to see this!!! I have found that this a growing trend..let's wear a half shirt and let my flab hang out...No one wants to see your Muffin Top! Yes, I found out what this trend is called...Muffin Top...Get a clue, this is not sexy! I for one would never wear a half shirt out in pubic...I have stretch marks and a little extra plumpness around the middle..thanks to four kids...cakes, cookies, ice cream...okay you get the idea...so NO never would I wear a half shirt to flaunt my tummy in public. I can understand if you are at home or doing yard work, working out..but out in public..come on ladies and yes some men to... I know this is a harsh post...Sorry, but am I really the only one that is tired of seeing half shirts and to tight of pants on girls/women that really do not need to be wearing them? What do you think about this? Please show me that I am not alone in feeling this...lol.. :)

On the family side: We have had tons of things going on around here. Let's see where to begin? We took the kids into Richmond a week or so ago to see the Egyptian Building, it was closed to visitors but we got to walk around the outside and glance in the widows...really wish it were open..bad on my part for not checking, but we will take another trip up there another day..here are some pics of that, it was pretty cool and a cool way for Kiersten to end her Egyptian unit study. The gates had mummies on the inside is painted wild looking, the building is pretty big. Neat place to see..
On Valentine's day we decided to take the kids and get out some...what more shopping..ahhh twist my arm..haha...we had a blast...we were going to go out to eat, but drove around and of course ever restaurant was packed and I mean packed...so we say forget it and went to Sonic (a drive up where they bring you your food on roller skates)..we all sat in the car and had a sorta car picnic...it was pretty fun..we laughed and chatted it up was actually fun...Oh yes, Preston had a date for the Valentine's Dance at school, of course I did not get to meet her...I had to drop him off, no parents..lol...here he is before the dance...
As far as other awesome things..my youngest that hardly ever talks, he only says moma and dada...said Clues Clue (Blue's Clues) yesterday for the first time...yes we were in tears...been waiting such a long time to hear him say something else...!! And last but not least my 3 year old has a huge addiction to the Wii and wants to play it all the time. Hum wonder where he gets that from? Oh yea...his dad!! :0) Hope all my readers are doing well...as you can tell I am not on blogs to much these days...just so busy...which is nice..but I wanted to say..it is not because I am trying to neglect you all...I promise I will catch up and yes you will have like 10 comments in one day from me...lol....As for those that have given my blog awards..thank you so much..I have been bad and have not posted them, sorry for this..it is all I can do to get a post up these days! What I would love to know is..how do you all keep up with the blogs you read? I have looked at Google reader, but how do you make comments like that? Let me know how you all keep up with them! Wishing you all happiness and love...till I post again...Later Tators! :)

17 comments:

Susie said...

No...if you have flab...you should not wear that! Yuck:-(

Gina Alfani said...

That is so nasty looking . . . seems like it is a trend since every time I go to the mall, I see lots of young girls proudly flashing their flab. Can't they see themselves in a mirror? Maybe they don't care?

It really isn't an issue of heavy vs thin . . . the real issue is knowing how to dress properly for your body type. There are heavier women who know how to dress who look better than a thin woman who dresses like your example.

:) Just my opinion!

Peace . . . Gina

Gombojav Tribe said...

Tell it!!!

Channon said...

I've thought this exact same thing. Amen to you girl for saying what I'm sure alot of us have been thinking!

It looks horrible. I don't know why you'd wanna make yourself look like that!

CoKeLaT-RaWkZ said...

When I was 50kgs lighter, I didn't dare to show off my belly eventho I didn't have flab. teens nowadays, speechless I am to say. :p

Kitty said...

Hello lady! Yes, I am WITH you on the whole, please where some clothes in public thing. I don't understand WHY it is fashionable to walk around 1/2 dressed and flabby. I am more than flabby, I'm chunky. And you know, if you take 1/2 a minute and dress you can flatter chunky, you can even look good beyond chunky if you dress right. But dressing in skimpy clothes just makes you look cheap. And why on earth do you want to look cheap???
UGH!
Egyptian Building - too cool. Shall need to check it our! thanks for sharing that!

Laura said...

So agree not a great look...I call it a "busted can of biscuits"...you know once you whack the can on the counter

Tried Everything said...

I would never were that if i had flab like that!

australiandaisy.com said...

Here here! We should all wear clothes that mask muffin tops. :)

Nina said...

That is a sight that I can't stand to see. I am pretty thin and I still feel like my belly could not be seen hanging out in public like that. Maybe that shame comes with age... Who Knows!!!

I need to take promp from you and blog a little less. I feel like I am obsessed lately and I am constantly blogging. It is cutting into other things and I have got to cut myself back. I am working on it. LOL...

Jana said...

When purchasing Sonlight I have to remember that I am teaching two children. So $255 for for P 3/4 ( p 3/4 is only about an 18 week core but could be stretched by rereading many times ) for two children doesn't seem to bad if you think of it that way.

On the other hand P 3/4 could be skipped. If you are on a limited income I would try to get P 4/5 later unless your children will sit for reading that probably requires 15 minutes for a story or book. Of course some are shorter. There are still some stories in P 3/4 that my Mr. Q. doesn't get .

You could always just get these books second hand, or from the library and just buy the Instructors Guide from Sonlight. ( can you tell I really love sonlight LOL )

But having said that, I didn't use Sonlight with my older children. I did alot of free stuff !

I would just read, read, read to them. Play with blocks, let them fill in printed letters on paper with beans, macaroni, rice... anything textured and colored. Draw the letters in shaving cream. Put crayon to sand paper to form letters so that they can feel the different textures. Sing songs. Just engage them in everything you do, while discussing the actions. Count things with them, thier dolls, balls, leaves that you find on walks. Discuss and point out colors and shapes. Sort things by shape, size and color. Exaggerate the sounds of letters when you read.. ssssnake.

Play and discovery is so much of this stage. Preschool can be done at little or no cost. Have you been to starfall.com or letteroftheweek.com ? Both are great sights. I love the Leap Frog Letter Factory DVD. There is some great ebooks for free directed at Kindergarteners on http://oldfashionededucation.com/0kindergarten.htm . These would be my choices for sure.
We probably read a total of 30 minutes all day. Do one craft or build with blocks. I have blocks of all shapes and sizes LOL. Most of all I let him bring school time to me. And we stop immediately any time he wishes. HTH I know I am kind of rambling !!

BTW the grandbaby is great !!!!!!! Thanks

I tried to email you, but my email was returned.

Amy Boyack said...

I am so glad you pointed that out with the fat bulging over the jeans! That has been a pet peeve of mine since the too small shirts and too low pants came out. Sure, they look all right on maybe 5% of the population, the problem is, they look terrible on everyone else! Dress for your body type. Sometimes it's better to leave it to the imagination instead of showing them what's really there. YUCK!

Vanessa Rogers said...

I go through stages of keeping up with my blog. I try not to make it a chore and rather make it a sort of reward, but that means I post less than others, but then I find it hard to keep up reading those people who post every single day.
I also agree about the muffin tops!

iceah said...

I know I have been bad with my tags and awards too they are piling up :c anyway,been busy too and with my period I don't get to update my blog cause I get really lousy at times like that. :c how was Preston's date? At Valentines Day restaurants are packed we always just cook at home, prepare a special dinner c:
Hope all is well with you c:
If you have the time I have an inspirational tag for you just read it you don't have to do it c: here is the link :

http://www.pinay-chicken-heart.com/2009/03/pink-heart-tag.html

Nina said...

Thanks for the Dairy update. It gives me something to really think about. Right now he is only drinking milk at night because I took the bottle away from him during the day (finally) but he refuses to drink milk from a cup. So I still give him a bottle at bed time.

Texas Mom said...

Hey, long time no see.

I certainly wouldn't wear anything that I'd pop out of. Except when I was a teenager and I'd have to lay across my bed to zip of my jeans. Those were the days with the skin tight pants!

Nowadays, I dont' want to feel anything tight. I like snug yet comfortable jeans and loose tee-shirts!

prozac said...

That's just strange. While I don't advocate being waif-thin, I certainly don't think people who have a little more than their fair share of fat should be actively flaunting it. Then again, I prefer my clothing practical first, stylish second.