My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Lie's Dressing Rooms Mirrors Tell!!!!

Dressing room mirrors are terrible because they LIE! Yes they truly do! I was shopping with my mother this past Saturday and I was trying on clothes, I happen to catch a glimpse of my rear in the mirror..and do you know what...that mirror tried to show me that my bum had cellulite!!!!! What!!!!!! NO heck it does not..my bum is nice and firm..(denial)....and my body is in great shape....(yea right)....where does this dressing room mirror get the nerve to try and lie to me by showing me all of these flaws on my body that I just do not have...Has this happened to any of you out there??? I mean come on...I did nothing to this mirror, but use it to look at the snazzy tank tops I was buying for 6.99 each at JcPenny's...It's job is to show me how great I look so I will buy these clothes...not how crappy my body MAY look in the horrible light of the dressing room....I will tell you that I came home and after my mother left to go home...I went straight to my bathroom..took my pants off..jumped up on the bathtub rim and looked at my bum in the tiny medicine cabinet in this rent a house bathroom...and you know what...my bum looked great, there was no dimples, or fat...love that mirror!!! So after getting down and getting the pants back on...I decided after all of the stress that the dressing room mirror had caused...I deserved a snack.....so off I went to enjoy a little bit more cellulite...I mean...a nice cake....The End! ;)

On the family side...We took another small beach trip, had to get some work done for my hubby's visa so while we were down that way we stayed at the beach for a night. We decided to get a hotel on the strip at VA Beach. It was nice we walked the strip that afternoon, shopping in all of the surf shops and checking things out. When we got back to the hotel the kids decided to head down to the beach for a few.. before the three oldest walked out the door we said...DO NOT GET WET! We could see them from our balcony, so we decided it was okay for them to walk out on their own..with the hopes the older two would be responsible....I was getting things arranged in the room before we went out that night and Terry was watching them from the balcony...and not a few minutes later what happens...the two oldest kids come back with wet legs...Tristan came back total soaked with sand all over him...and crying...they were all walking in the shallow part of the water and he fell and was upset..but I washed him up and he was fine...so much for giving the older ones a little responsibility...hum...Anyway, we walked up and down the strip again we wanted to check out the fun park...way to expensive...can we say RIP OFF...so we walked on the beach side (VA Beach has a paved walkway on the beach side of the hotels) and ran into a playground on the beach..so we let the kids play on the playground before heading back to the hotel. The next day we got up and drove to see the USS Wisconsin Battle Ship. It was really neat to walk on this ship as it is still active and you got to see the battle wounds from Iraq. BTW to see the ship is free...it is in the Naval Museum..you just ask to see the ship only...free...nice! On our way home we saw a blow up toys so we stopped at that and let the small kids jump on the blow ups and then me and the older kids hit a local used bookstore...Yes, I love bookstores...On the way home we took a ferry...And that was pretty much it..just a simple trip..we did not really go on the beach to much..as the weather people said it was going to be chilly and rainy...It was not..but we had nothing to go on the beach with and I was not about to spend a ton of money getting things...so the actual beach will have to wait till our next trip...I think Tristan was fine with that after his wash out...
Other then that nothing else has really been going on...Sebbie just got over a small bug...but he is now feeling better thankfully...so for now we are just hanging around and ready for school to be out...last day here is next Wedensday...Yay....just trying to find camps for the kids to go to and figuring out some free things to do this summer...Ahhhh summer....can't wait!!! What are some things any of you are doing this summer...share some of your free summer tips with kids! Would love to gather more options....Posting some pics of our small trip below...hubs will be upset if he sees the last one on here...LOLOL...love you hunny....still have not gotten our other card looked at..I do believe I lost all the pics from our last trip....oh well....Till next time....
Later Tators!

6 comments:

Nina said...

I hate those dressing room mirrors. Of course after working in retail for many years and learning some of the very nasty things people do in fitting rooms, I rarely ever step foot into one and if I do my shoes stay on and nothing of mine touches the floor. Trust me you don't want to know.

Sounds like you had a nice family trip.

Laura said...

I refuse to try anything on at a store...if I like it I purchase it then try it on at home...can always return.

VA Beach...love it there. It has been several years but I love the Boardwalk and all the shops and restaurants.

iceah said...

I love your pics looks like you guys had loads of fun c: miss you girl c:

bettyl said...

I have myself convinced that the labels are all wrong on clothes and the ones I wear have much bigger numbers on them for some reason. That's my story...
And my new kids don't know what 'don't get wet' means, either. I figure they were good for our wedding and stayed dry, so I quit expecting it any other time.

jeanie said...

I am not sure who's body is in the mirror at the shops these days. Somehow the belly fat just loves me. I went to a yoga teacher training for a month last year and a lot of it came off so I know it is possible. That was with 4 hours total of yaga a day and eating really clean. I just can't seem to keep it up. I have 4 kids also but youngest is 14. I have a blog called gypsychild.org. I write about them and our somewhat past hippy days. I really need to write a lot more. I really enjoy your photos. How do you add them to your blog?

chubskulit said...

visiting again..