My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Single Mom Again? How Did That Happen?

No, I am not getting a divorce. My hubs is just MIA....well, actually he is in North West Idaho working at his new job. The kids and I are waiting here in Virginia for Terry (hubs) to find us a new home. I'll tell ya this waiting game is noooo fun! But rest assure he will find us a home soon. I guess if I was not so picky about where I want to live and the size of the house, we may have already found one. But I am a country girl at heart and all we are finding are homes in the city. When we do make it to Idaho or Washington State which ever we find a home in...this blog will take on a whole new meaning...Southern girl living in the North West. Hum....should make for some interesting stories!
Hubby said the towns have tons of things and tons of restaurants, unlike wear we live now! So I asked him...have you seen a Southern Buffet we can eat at...yet..LOL..... ;) Just to let you know..if you have not already guessed...the answer was a big fat NO......Darn!!
As for now, I am getting back into the ropes of being a single mom. I have to admit...I am seeing the little things my hubs did around the house. What! Did I just admit that? lol! Okay, let me explain....no he is not a huge cleaner, but he did make sure the trash was taken to the dump almost ever day. And he did do some laundry when I begged him to..but what he really did, was just be here! See since I stay at home all day while he is working... for some dumb reason there is this feeling inside of me that says...okay girl, get doing some cleaning....so your hubby will not think you are just lounging around all day....Now yes ladies, I do homeschool and take care of children all day..but I reckon some cleaning can be done. If you have read any of my previous post you have found that I am sorta a slob. No this is not passed down from my parents to say the least...my mother is a clean freak...in which is what I think is a great and legit reason that I am a slob! Love you mom! But really I think your neatness backfired on me and well...made me slobby....okay, really I cannot blame my mother for my hate of cleaning....so I will just sit here and wonder why I am the way I am...and wish with all my might that I could find a hypnosis tape to make me be a clean freak! But until this happens....I will try to get my cleaning done..even though my hubs is not here to impress...sad isn't it? Okay, really my house does not belong on CleanHouse (a show) or anything like that so don't get me wrong. We are not nasty! LOL......just disorganized.....but isn't that life anyway? Well, my life I guess...

So what else has been going on? School! Yeap, like many of you parents out there school has kicked in or will be soon for some of you....and I am missing summer already! I miss my lazy days of doing NOTHING!!!!! Just hanging out with the kids and playing games. Now, we just long for the weekends for our sleeping in days ;) But with packing up the house coming soon...sleeping in will have to take a backseat for awhile. :( Other than school nothing else has really been going on...Oh, I did have my wisdom teeth pulled...that was a barrel of fun! Let me tell ya..35 is way to old to be having that done! But the pain killers were nice...haha...Kinda gave me flash backs to my younger years of partying....but that is all I am going to say about that... ;)


So as you can see...not to much going on....little boring around here...but since I have not wrote in a while I thought I would do a quick post! Hope you all had an awesome summer! :0)

Later Tators!

13 comments:

Gombojav Tribe said...

Girl! Your post title about gave me a heart attack! I thought, "What?!" I'm so glad that your opening line was, "No, I am not getting a divorce." Whew!

Hope your family is all in one place VERY SOON!

Susie said...

I hope you find a settlement soon. The fish-out-of-water stories will be really funny!

Christie-The ChatterBox said...

Hi lady! Long time no see (for both of us, eh?) Your title scared me for a minute! Dont do that to me! I was all prepared with tissue and everything!! LOL! Good to see you!

Dolly said...

I'm in NW Idaho. Moved here two years ago from Florida. Talk about culture shock; moving from big city to quaint little town! I love it though. Sadly, no Southern Buffets around here.

I'm not an expert on the area, but I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Tiffiney said...

I would love to chat with you Dolly...hope you visit back soon and let me know how to get in contact with you!

Thank you ladies for your comments...so glad to hear from you all... :0)

Dolly said...

Tiffiney,

My email is dolly@professionaladminteam.com. We are about 30-35 min. from Coeur d'Alene in the Silver Valley.

Give me a holler.

BPOTW said...

It sure makes you realize how much gets done by hubby, huh! I hope he reads this! Looking forward to 'all settled in' stories and the weirdness of the new place.

iceah said...

I miss coming here again :p

Hey! i don't think you are a slob you house looks great! I am a slob! I am not that good in cleaning i need to hire someone to do it for me :c i am more into laundry, cooking and washing the dishes... but cleaning the whole house am not good because i have dust allergies and i do know it is not an excuse :p

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Where in Idaho are you moving to? We are in Boise now and love it, but are soon moving to another town, gotta go where the job is. I wish you luck on the move that is a long way to come.

Nina said...

Not going to be a Southern gal anymore... something tells me you will still be a southern girl at heart.

I hope your hubby finds something for you so. I know I would hate to be apart from mine. Even when he is driving me nuts he is still needed.

Good luck with that big move. I couldn't imagine moving all of my stuff not after years in this house.

Melyssa R said...

I had my wisdom teeth pulled at 35 also! I didn't take the painkillers though. Just ibuprofen. One time I tried half a Vicodin and it made me violently nauseous so now they scare me to death. Good luck on finding a house and for when you make the move! We're gearing up for ours on the 14th. Knock wood. We were just out in WA again this weekend to finalize our house out there but it's THIS end that is freaking me out.

Rinkly Rimes said...

I read your blog but my comment must be about your very beautiful daughters. Lucky you.

Teri said...

I kept coming back to your blog for awhile, but I saw you were taking a break. Glad to have you back. Good luck with finding the new digs. And I know what you mean about the single mom but still married thing. My hubby travels a lot. I miss having him home.