My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Suicide A Very Sad Word...

 A short while ago we had a friend commit suicide, a very young 20yr old man with a promising life laid out before him. I am not going to say to much about what happened or why he did this...what I am going to tell you a small part of his aunts speech at a very and I mean very packed funeral....this is not word for word...but it gets to the point...

"My nephew loved to camp, he would have these camp outs with his friends and would invite me to come and hang out with him and his friends...he invited me several times...I never went...with life the way it is, it keeps me busy, I always had something else I had to do...what I would give now to sit with him on one of his camp outs now....I can't change the past but what I can say to you all specially all of you young people (tons of college kids there) what is most important to share with your friends and family is YOUR TIME.....Something as simple as that...no fancy words...no fancy actions....just your TIME....giving someone your time can make all the difference in the world to that person..."


She said a ton more and sang a beautiful song...I cannot remember the name...but it had a lot of meaning...I really wish I could remember her speech word for word...it was heartfelt...of course I was crying standing at the way back...so I was lucky to hear what she said over myself sniffling....but what she said really got to me....thinking of my own children as I watched the slide show of this young man growing up with his twin...from baby to child to pre-teen to teen...and then just this past May he made it to his 20's.....I was thinking could this one day be one of my kids....do I spend enough time with them...do I tell them I love them enough....do I listen to them? I talked with my two oldest about suicide and told them it was never an answer....told them if they ever need me I am always here for them..) I don't care what it is....( I hope none of this happens, but if it does) don't hide that you are pregnant at 16, don't hide you are addicted to drugs...don't hide that you think you are gay...nothing will make me love you less...nothing...I will stand by my children till the day I die and hopefully even after that day....I will also stand by my friends and family...no matter what they do...how they act...or even if they decided they don't want me in their lives...and years later they talk to me again...and yea that has happened...people are people..things happen..some good...some bad....it's the way the world goes round....so all I can say...is love your family and friends...hold on to the good times....and make sure to give the special people in your life your TIME......

1 comment:

Today On... said...

Oh I haven't seen a post from you in so long! And this is saddening news to come to but it is so true. When I was 15 I overdosed on Tylenol, looking to take my own life. God had a better plan for me and some day I hope to reach out to others who are dealing with the same struggles I've once gone through.