My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Spider Babies

L.E.N.S. Photo Challenge entry for the week. It is all about Micro/Macro. I took this pic last year. I was hanging around outside and I noticed this mama Wolf Spider carrying a load, poor thing was dying and her babies were just hanging on. She did end up dying but her babies just stayed with her. I ended up having to move them so they would be safe. It was kinda sad..but I got a great pic of her babes...


Later Tators!

4 comments:

Joy said...

That is an awesome picture!

Janet Rose said...

I experienced the same thing with a mama spider and her 1000 babies (ok maybe a few less) riding on her back. I missed the photo opp, but will never get the impression out of my mind. Great shot of them piggybacking their mama. I'm NOT a fan of spiders, but I am a fan of macro shots! :)

Hen Jen said...

ok, I was kind of afraid to click over, I don't like spiders!!

great photo, though! I don't like spiders, but your post about it dying made me sad..thanks for sharing with us!

Jennifer said...

oh, eeee. . . ai. . . spiders creep me right out but that's such a great shot! lol, the only thing I thought I knew about spiders was from Charlotte's web! I didn't realize wolf spiders carried their babies. How sad. . . even if icky. . .