My Wonderful Followers!! Make sure you check their blogs out!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Is In The Air!

Ahhhh Spring is in the air, well okay it was a few days ago. Now it has turned back cold...burrr....that is Southern weather for you. One day it is great and the next your looking for the coat you put away excitably thinking it will be warm.
For us Spring means waking up from the winter blue's and heading outdoors on some much needed learning adventures. This year I finally want to start doing Letterboxing, I have said many times but we are going to do it this year!  I also have a ton of great field trips planned (Washington DC, Space Shuttle Launch, Exploring more of VA and NC to name a few.) hoping we get to all of them before we move. Yes...move fingers crossed and prayers said that my hubs will find a new job somewhere awesome and we get to move...so make sure to say a prayer for us...
Below is a pic my daughter took on one of very fun learning adventures at Tuckahoe Plantation last Spring....Which I have to say if you live near Richmond, VA, you really should stop by and see this plantation it is really nice, you do need appt. to see the inside of the home..but you can visit the outdoors for free...we loved it! This pic says Spring to me...everything green and alive...and there is nothing better then warm weather to get my oldest, my aspiring photographer outdoors for some great photo ops.... :O)

Later Tators!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like you live in a great part of the world. How fun to have so many adventures as options. Love the photo! Your daughter's quite talented.

Our Peculiar Lives said...

That's a great shot! It's so neat to find local learning opportunities.

mycoupon basket said...

Excellent Blog... i like it

thanks for sharing

Hen Jen said...

beautiful shot! I love the whole composition- the weathered barn, the green and the barbed wire fence.

thanks for sharing it with us!

letterboxing...how very cool. We've never done that, but I keep thinking it would be a fun thing to try.

songskatesang said...

Oh! What a beautiful shot! I love the green! So lovely!

Mel R said...

We tried letterboxing and it was great fun. We vowed to do it regular after we moved to WA but then alas it was always wet and/or raining almost year round so we said 'forget it!'. Now that we've moved to a dry area I also want to start.

MarriageMan said...

Too bad we haven't gotten as much sunlight here as usual. It's been a downer. But the fescue in my yard has done really well with this cold spring so there's always something to be grateful for.