I built this guinea pig cage a few weeks ago and finally decided to show it off. It is based off of the C&C cage, but mine uses flooring instead of coroplast . I have to say the flooring does not look as nice as the coroplast , but I could not locate coroplast and I had left over flooring..so free works best :O) The only prob I have found using flooring is it does not bend well at the corners so it kinda looks...getto...but hey it works! You do have to be careful when using flooring to make sure your pigs do not chew on it! Lucky me mine do not! It seems most people do fold the fleece over the edges, which might help hide the ugliness of the outside...but I like to keep the fleece folded in half so it is thicker for the piggy's to walk on. I do want to somehow fix the outer look or hide it somehow to look better...but for now it works just fine! The total project cost me about 20.00 and a few hours of work...and yes our pigs love it! :O)
Here is their new two story house now....perfect size for two piggy's... :O)
Also a quick shout out to my niece Caroline..she is 2 today!
Happy 2nd Birthday Caroline!! :O) We all love you!! :O)