Sacred Heart Medical Diet (vegetarian style)
This 7-day eating plan can be used as often as you like. If correctly followed, it will clean out your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being. After only 7 days of this process, you will begin to feel lighter by at least 10 pounds and possibly 17 pounds, and experience an abundance of energy.
- 1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes (I just used any kind of chopped tomatoes)
- 3 plus large green onions
- 1 large can of beef broth (no fat) (used fat free veggie broth)
- 1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle) (I used Lipton onion soup mix)
- 1 bunch of celery
- 2 cans green beans
- 2 lbs. Carrots
- 2 Green Peppers
- Season with salt, pepper curry, parsley, if desired, or bouillon, hot or Worcestershire sauce. Cut veggies in small to medium pieces. Cover with water. Boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook until veggies are tender.
- This soup can be eaten anytime you are hungry during the week. Eat as much as you want, whenever you want. This soup will not add calories. The more you eat, the more you will lose. You may want to fill a thermos in the morning if you will be away during the day.
- Unsweetened juices
- Tea (also herbal)
- Cranberry juice
- Skim milk
- Water, water, water
- DAY ONE
- Any fruit (except bananas). Cantaloupes and watermelon are lower in calories than most other fruits. Eat only soup and fruit today.
- DAY TWO
- All vegetables. Eat until you are stuffed with fresh raw, cooked or canned veggies. Try to eat green leafy veggies and stay away from dry beans, peas or corn. Eat veggies along with the soup. At dinnertime tonight reward yourself with a big baked potato and butter. Don't eat any fruits through today.( I splurged and had sour cream...it was good...lol)
- DAY THREE
- Eat all the soup, fruit and veggies you want. Do not have a baked potato. If you have eaten as above for three days and not cheated, you should find that you have lost 5-7 pounds. (I had lost 3 by this point..darn sour cream..lol)
- DAY FOUR
- Bananas and skim milk: Eat at least 3 bananas and drink as much milk as you can today, along with the soup. Bananas are high in calories and carbohydrates, as is the milk but on this particular day, your body will need the potassium and carbs. Proteins and calcium to lessen the cravings for sweets. (this day was the hardest for me!)
- DAY FIVE
- Beef and tomatoes: you may have 10 to 20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes, or as many as 6 tomatoes on this day. Eat the soup at least once today. (I ate Quorn veggie chicken breast covered with canned tomatoes)
- DAY SIX
- Beef and veggies, eat to your heart's content of the beef and veggies today. You can even have 2-3 steaks if you like with green leafy veggies but no baked potato. Be sure to eat the soup at least once today. ( I ate out this day...I had tofu with veggies in hunan sauce with a very tiny bit of rice..could not go without eating the rice..yum)
- DAY SEVEN
- Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice and veggies, again, be sure to stuff yourself and eat the soup. You can add cooked veggies to your rice if you wish.
- By the end of the 7th day, if you have not cheated on this diet, you should have lost 10 to 17 pounds. If you have lost more than 17 pounds, stay off the diet for two days before resuming the diet again.
- This diet is fast. The secret lies within the principle that you will burn more calories than you take in. It will flush your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being. This diet does not lend itself to drinking any alcoholic beverages at any time. Because of the fat build-up in your system. Go off the diet at least 14 hours before any intake of alcohol.
- Due to the variety of digestive systems in individuals, this diet will affect everyone differently. After day three, you will have more energy than when you began, if you do not cheat. After being on the diet for several days, you will find that your bowel movements have changed. Eat a cup of bran or fiber. Although you can have black coffee with this diet, you may find that you don't need caffeine after the third day.
- The basic fat burning soup can be eaten anytime you feel hungry during the seven days. Eat as much as you wish. Remember the more you eat, the more you will lose. You can eat broiled, boiled or baked chicken instead of the beef. Absolutely no skin on the chicken. If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef on only one of the beef days. You need the high protein in the beef for the other days.
- Continue on the diet as long as you wish and feel the difference both mentally and physically.
- DO NOT - DO NOT
- No bread, alcohol, carbonated drinks (including diet drinks). Remember, absolutely no fried foods.
- DO - DO - DO - DO
- Drink plenty - at least 6 to 8 glasses - of water a day, as well as any combination of the following beverages: black coffee, unsweetened fruit drinks, cranberry juice and skim milk.
- This diet comes from the Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital that is used for overweight heart patients in order to lose weight rapidly, usually prior to surgery. (no it does not..it is a fad diet...but it works for most people!!)
- Okay, I did this diet for one week and I lost 7 pounds...yes 1 pound a day so far, I am doing this diet for at least two weeks..maybe more!) It is hard at first, but once you get into a few days it gets easier! I don't even mind the soup..but I am a vegetarian, so it's easy! :O)
So there ya go....it worked for me...I cannot say if it will work for you...but do take caution when dieting! I did take my vitamins every night I always do..but I made sure not to miss a night...just in case I somehow was not getting what I needed from this diet..but I do not see how I would have missed any since you are eating so many fruits and veggies...
I am not sure if the weight might come back...like I said I am doing this for another week to lose more..cause I worry that what I lost was water weight and it might come back fast...but this diet is great specially if you want to lose a few pounds for like a wedding or graduation..or a reunion of some king...or like me..cause hubby is coming home after 6 months and also cause I want to jump start eating healthy! I have to say my carvings are so low now....it's kinda crazy, cause in the beginning all I was doing was craving so much junk....kinda like an addiction to junk food....new motto....Eat to Live...Not Live to Eat ;o) Yea I stole that from one of my favorite motto's....Work to Live....Not Live to Work....both are very true!
Anyhow..that is what I wanted to share.....till next time....